Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You'll need to drop the exhaust and trans tunnel plate to reach the bleeder valve from hell on top of the bell housing if you want to bleed it properly. :mah:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Some folks just siphon out what's in the reservoir and add new. It's not a complete change but better than nothing at all. :z:

·
Registered
203 Posts
IT L GO said:
Some folks just siphon out what's in the reservoir and add new. It's not a complete change but better than nothing at all. :z:
This is what I do and it works well. No problems yet. :z:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
Is brake fluid what's used for the clutch fluid??
Ron
Yep, I use Motul RBF 600 for the brakes and clutch.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Whats happening Doc? I thought I read somewhere that you should use GM clutch fluid. It is supposedly brake fluid with some type of anti squeak agent in it. I think I have heard some people posting about a squeaky brake pedal when using normal brake fluid. Can anybody else confirm this?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
agentf1 said:
Whats happening Doc? I thought I read somewhere that you should use GM clutch fluid. It is supposedly brake fluid with some type of anti squeak agent in it. I think I have heard some people posting about a squeaky brake pedal when using normal brake fluid. Can anybody else confirm this?
I like GM Clutch Fluid Part # 12345347 It has a friction modifier in it to prevent squeaking. :cheers:

A lot of Folks use Brake Fluid

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/show...ht=clutch+fluid

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You don't necessarily have to drop the exhaust to bleed the clutch. If you have small enough hands/arms, you can reach in between the cats to do the bleed job (thats how I do mine). Make sure to let everything cool down for a few hours before you attempt it though. Those things get HOT within just a few seconds of running the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts