Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the wave is listed in the owners manual somewhere..... some folks read it, some don't...

------------------
Thanks for the memories Dale.
Delivered 1/19/01 - Z06 Quicksilver/Black
Nickname - "Silver Bullet"
Installed - custom license plate, exhaust plate, B&M Ripper, Flameball, CAGS

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Most vette owners do wave. Althugh, I don't get as many waves from the c4 drivers. I get waves from just about all c5s and the pre-70s vettes. I don't know why it is that many of the c4 folks don't wave, but I wave to them either way.
It doesn't surprise me that the bmw folks don't wave. That would mean that they would have to put down their cell phone as well as their nose.
I bet our vette "get togethers" are much more fun and family like than any of the yuppie car owners clubs as well.
I enjoy the "brotherhood" of the vettes. A good example was at the Rolex24 in Daytona this past February. Most of us were from various parts of the country and never met before but we all shared stories and laughs. Some of us even provided a ride in the parade lap for those who weren't fortunate enough to have their vettes there. That's one of the many things that makes the vette a great American experience. Enjoy the ride, I am, even more enjoyable in a Z06!

------------------
QuickSilver with red/black interior, chromatic mirrors,
memory package and Lloyd Z06 mats

·
Registered
219 Posts
In a Z06 the order of the day is: Wave at all vettes and Bye Bye as you blow by other sports cars.

------------------
QS/Black - Stock Z06
99 Z28
70 LT-1 T-Top
70 Z28 RS
Amish Buggy (1 H.P.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Vette enthusiasts wave!!
Vette owners don't know what to do!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

M

·
0 Posts
Well said Frank!

------------------
Mark

2000 Roadster. DBGM/Lt Oak/Lt Oak. A4, 3.15 gears, base suspension and everything else. Borla "Dual Cannon" XR-1's, Vortex Rammer, Power Duct & BPP MAF ends...more to come!
Lowered, Chrome OEM Wheels, F&R S/S Chrome lettering, R Blackout Kit, Steering Wheel Decal, Lloyd's Mats.

·
Registered
247 Posts
When I drive around my '93 Vette I wave at all the C4's and C5's. For some reason it seems like only the C4 owners wave back. It seems that either the C5 owners are new to the Corvette club and have no idea why I am waving at them or they feel that just because I was driving a C4 they don't need to wave.

I seems to get more wave response out of people when I drive around my Z06.

------------------
2001 Z06
Black/Black
Z06 chrome exhaust plate, Vortex Ram Air Intake
License plate: "L33T"

1993 Coupe
Quasar Blue

·
Registered
347 Posts
Way to go Frank!!!!!!!!!!!

WAVE everybody, WAVE!!!

And no, the full face backhanding of a gold braided Volkswagen driving officer; in the middle of the bridge at boot camp in San Diego is not a wave... It is a first class ticket to the brig... Even if you ARE from Texas...

------------------
Red/ModRed Z06
24Jan01

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes save the Wave,I even wave while in my El Camino why don't they wave back? (hehehe)

------------------
Dave Williams
NCM #6437
98 Pace Car Sold
01 Z06 MY/MR
Born 10/03/00
R8C 10/21/00
Delivered and Home 10/23/00
Bragg Smith Drive your own 10/27/00

Another Satisfied Karl Johanson Customer

·
Registered
59 Posts
Please wave...

I see a torch red c5 (not a Z) almost everyday going to work. I keep waving...and he still doesn't get it.

Maybe one day...

------------------
-derek Z06 Black/Mod.Torch

·
Registered
347 Posts
This is interesting. I wave at everybody that makes eye contact. In the Z it is instant grins. (Unless they are driving a Euro or Ricer). I think the presence of a Z energizes the hood ornament mounted driver's eyeball tractor beam on all European, Lexus, Acura and Infinity autos. Pull up to one and they get real rigid, like a board...

The only time I am aware that my Texas Vette Waving Syndrome is terminal, is when I do a full house at a Vette from my wife's expedition. Know what?? They wave back!!!

Like Frank said, "enthusiats".

Yesterday, two youngsters ('20s) in a black slab side Saleen did a pull up, slow down, other side, pull up slow down inspection of my Z06. When they broke off, we did some thumbs ups... Motorhead heaven... Have Ford and Chevy made it 1969 again???

------------------
Red/ModRed Z06
24Jan01

·
Registered
528 Posts
Only if you were in or on a Vette during the WAVING.

Wave at all vette's.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZEEEE 06:
I did a WAVE one time when I was in the Navy. Does that count?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Mark's Web Site
*** Harrisburg Area Zaino Distributor ***

01 Z06 MY/BLK,Zaino,Lowered,Ripper,Halltech Tric Ti,MAG,Magic Box - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro (454) - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph

·
Registered
138 Posts
I caught a thread on a different forum that discussed "The Wave." Do Vette Owners wave at each other on the road? When I had the M3, BMW drivers didn't look at each other let alone wave.

Who knew that owning a Vette would be so complicated. Sure is fun though.

------------------

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes Always!

------------------

Quicksilver Z06 KN w/Modified Air Box

1 - 14 of 14 Posts