Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to a local autox and did pretty well. By the end of the day I got pretty competitive and came in 2nd place. I guess all that winter gokarting helped!

I was wondering if lowering the car would help minimize weight transfer time and allow the car to settle faster thus gas it sooner out of turns.

I feel like I get more axle hop in my 2011 stock ride height Z then my lowered 06 Z. I feel like the shocks might maybe be more effective with less travel due to being more compressed...

Any ideas or experience with this?

This is a temporary solution till I do a better shock this winter/ or coilovers/camber plates.

Thanks,

G

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lowering is always good to a first approximation, unless the suspension
geometry is such that you get into unfavorable camber changes, but Vettes
are typically good about taking lowering. The only other serious drawback is
if you lose shock absorber travel, such that you hit the bump stops a lot,
which will unstick you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm also curious if anyone has any advice on ride heights for a modified C6Z. I recently picked up the car and want to be sure that I check over the setup before track/autocross seasons starts up. Has anyone had any luck with identifying and ideal rake/height for a car on coilovers?

I came out of an e46 M3, and most of the track/autocross folks ran F: 13.5"; R: 13.0 hub to fender.

Any thoughts on the Vette? Currently, the car barely passes the boot test,and I'm thinking it may be unnecessarily lowered (aside from looks).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts