Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1994 ZR1 I really like and it is a steal. Should I sell
the FRC for the ZR1? Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
It depends, If you drive your vette alot the FRC is more practical and cheaper to maintain, If you drive it little and want a beast for the street then the ZR1 is it :yeadog:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a 91 ZR1 and I loved it. And I love the updated interior on the 94 models. I just can't decide if I want to buy another ZR1 and only drive the thing when it rains like I did my 91 ZR1!
This 94 is totally stock 33,000 miles.Red with tan interior. And the car is local. But I do love the FRC and having a factory warranty.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I would buy the ZR1 for a garage queen. I would keep the FRC for a daily driver.

Alex

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I decide to sell the car it will be 26,000 firm. The car has a full GM bumper to bumper warranty that can be extended ANOTHER 5 YEARS BY GM! The car was bought from the original owner about 2 months ago and I have all documentation, right down to the tags that came around the transmission. The car now has 19,400 miles on it and runs perfectly. The original owner installed a Corsa touring exhaust system and that is all. It has the power drivers seat and single CD player with the Magnesium rim option. No HUD. Black with black interior. The warranty is good until Jan 06.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I would say the ZR-1 is cooler, but the FRC a better driver from teh standpoint of being newer and under warranty.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah,
I do like having a warranty on a Corvette. But the ZR1's are just so few and far between in my area. It would be nice to have another one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
meadowz06 said:
I would! :cheers:

·
Registered
476 Posts
You Need Both!!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
meadowz06 said:
Keep the FRC and buy the ZR-1. You will have the best of both worlds.

D.J.

Home equity loan
401K loan
life insurance
Live in one of the cars and drive the other

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
200 Posts
meadowz06 said:
Should I sell the FRC for the ZR1?
Definitely not. The FRC is a much nicer car. Just my opinion.

Mark

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
That's a tough one! If you could swing it - you'd have `em both. If forced to choose, analyze....

More comfort, better styling (IMO), MUCH easier to mod and MUCH more HP potential. FRC WINS!

"Historical factor", DEEELICIOUS-LOOKING ENGINE!!!!, little or no intention to mod (engine mods few and far between), then a leap of faith for the ZR-1.

Either way ain't too bad!
I just love staring at the engine bay of a ZR-1!:coo:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Think about it from an investment standpoint. In a couple of years the ZR-1 will stay solid... However, the FRC is a great car. Personally, there aren't THAT many ZR-1's riding around, and that engine :coo:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts