Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thanks guys, its all your fault....all this talk about the 02 and e-blue has got my pants on fire /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Soooo I went hunting and found a dealer who will let me trade up for $5000, and I already have a TPW!! (9-17-01) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The problem is I really like my torch interior and I'm not so sure about it with the blue /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif Les said he will send me some pics, so I will wait to see. What should I do? Keep the Black 01 or go for the blue (I had a blue vette with silver interior before and really loved it) HELP!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hard decision JZ!! My pants are on fire too, but Sherylann quickly doused the flames!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank,
I'd be more worried about Pierre /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-08-17 00:09, JZ spewed forth this drivel:
Frank,
I'd be more worried about Pierre /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Well, IMHO, I'm not sure the "upgrade" is worth the $5k diff (plus I assume they'll hit you again for taxes). FWIW, the modified red goes best with exterior color (quite naturally) red, but a black car probably looks second best. The real issue with a black one is that the paint is much harder to keep looking good and the more you do to wash, wax and polish, the harder it gets. Just too hard to hide swirl marks in the clear coat. In this regard a "metallic" color, the lighter color the better, tends to not show swirl marks as bad. Sooo, again, IMHO, a QS with modified red interior is the best color combo at things considered.

Also, QS is perhaps the one color that is less conspicuous on the road if you wish to avoid the long arm of the law. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

The most important thing for a dream car like a Z06 is to get the color YOU, and you alone really want - no compromise!!! If EB with red seats lights your fire, GFI (go for it). /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
878 Posts
IMHO blue w/Mod red interior isn't right. If you saw any car other that a Z with blue paint and red interior, you'd say "what were they thinking"? It may look great while your thinking... cool new color options, but in a few years you'll probably say.. what have I done..

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I think for 5k it's a deal if you like blue more. My personal fealing is the modred might bit to loud for me with the blue but haven't seen it in person. Ric

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
A Z06 is not any car. The beauty of ordering your own vette is YOU get to build it the way YOU want it NOT others. Its your money spend it the way you want to. FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I agree with Les, get it the way *you* like it. Based on the pictures I've seen, I thought mod-red would be a bit too much on the Yellow. Not having seen it in person, it's still hard to tell. I drove a Yellow/Black coupe and loved the combo, so I went with it. But I like the looks of mod-red on all of the other colors so far.

1985 Coupe/Red
2002 Z06 Order# DKFFMZ - TPW 8/6 - DOA /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
2002 Z06/Millennium Yellow/Black/All but PSMs
Try #2 - Order# DNFM0T - TPW 8/20!!!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
For those that think the EB with modified Red interior might not look right, I call your attention to the mid-ninetys Grand Sports. Of course not everyone loved the color, but I thought they were both distinctive and unique. The Zs actually have less red on the modified interior than the Grand Sports had. Just my .02 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Thoughts on the 02. The E/B is an awsome color, got one in today. The HUD is very nice to have. The sound of the car will send goose bumps up my neck. Of course haven`t had one that I could realy get into, all customers cars but the power seems to be All There. Seems to be all the 01 is and a lot more to me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But then again I sell them. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

[email protected]
Click WWW above for my home page.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Trading up each year can get to be an expensive habit. Can you afford it, and is this where you want to spend $5,000 are the questions?

I could do it financially, but I am just too cheap. Plus I want to keep this car a few years more to break it in.

G

·
5 grand is an awesome deal..it costs that much to lease an SUV for a year..

You want the blue..go for it..

I'd have to see the blue with red interior to give you an honest opinion..but if someone on this forum has it and says its stunning..well...I'm sure the photos would show it.

5 grand lease payment per year on a ZO6 is an awesome deal.

I'd grab that in a minute..

plus you get an extra year of warranty if you keep the new one..

G

·

On 2001-08-17 04:09, dsinned spewed forth this drivel:
Sooo, again, IMHO, a QS with modified red interior is the best color combo at things considered.
Ditto!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks you guys, this place is AWESOME /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I took the deal, TPW 9-17-01. Should be here around the first weeks of Oct?

Still need those pics from you Les of the interior /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Les; your car is a knockout. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif Mine will be the same less BSMs. Just haven't decided on the immediate Zainoing. Have heard the paint needs 90 days to cure. Congrats. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 22 Posts