Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are both services, not a finished product.

Any Thoughts.

Joe

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Joe,

This one will probably need a phillie lawyer to figure out. Does the Museum chg go to the museum or GM, dest chg dealers usually add in to total sales price so you get clipped. I wonder on the museum though as it involes seperate states, ie; who gets the bucks........

Anyone else ?????????

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I "believe" as a CA resident you pay sales tax on the whole enchilada. The one possible or only exception might be the so-called "document fee". But, I agree that paying taxes on such things like vehicle transportation, freight, and/or delivery charges should not be taxable. However, it is part of a "retail" sales transaction so that may be the loophole in the law as to why they can tax you for almost everything related to the sale.

What really irks me is (here in CA anyway) everytime the same car gets resold as "Used" the State charges sales tax all over again.
Eventually, given many different sales over time involving the same car, the sales taxes end up costing more than the car' original retail price when first sold brand new. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Same deal for me. I'm guessing it's the same everywhere. Tax is calculated on the sticker price which includes Base Vehicle, Total Options, Destination Charge and any price adjustments.

No sales tax on document fees, luxury tax, or license fees.

1985 Coupe/Red
2002 Z06/Millennium Yellow/Black/Everything TPW 8/6!!!

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Joe, SMFCPACFP a fellow Z forum member and college professor with loads of tax/accounting expertise should be able to answer your questions. I will send him a PM. FUBU69/LES

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts