Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO Z06'ers!

I just stumbled onto your site this evening. My '92 6-speed Coupe is for sale, and I am actively looking for a 2001 Z06.

I previously owned a '88 Convertible. I was a founding member of SAFE Motorsports (In 1990) here in Florida, and have served as President for the past 7 years. We run 7-8 times a year at Sebring International Raceway, Homestead-Miami Speedway, and Moroso Motorsport Park, as well as sponsoring over 100 people to attend the 24 Hours of Daytona in February, and the 12 Hours of Sebring in March of each year. In addition, we sponsor driving schools with Justin Bell, Car Guys, etc. every year or two.

It's pretty neat - We run on the Road Courses (Not the Ovals) under School Rules (Passing only allowed on designated straights, after a signal from the car being passed - to make sure they see you and then they "point" to the side of their car they want you to pass on).

I spent about $8000 on upgrades for for C-4, but was getting blown off the track by the modified C-5's and the Z06's.

My budget necesitates that I stick to a 2001 under $40,000 - and I've seen several of them available at that price, with mileage under 10,000 on e-bay. I've also monitored Vetefinders, C5 Registry, Classifieds 2000, Autotrader, Carsforsale, Autobytel, and Microsoft CarPoint.

So, if any of you are aware of a GOOD BUY on a 2001 Z06, Red Exterior w/Red-Black Interior please e-mail me privately, because I am ready to drive!

I thank the moderator(s) and the people that do all the work behind the scenes, Our club is a Non-Profit, volunteer organization, so I know where you are coming from (You hear too many complaints, and suggestions for extra workload without anyone volunteering to help!)

Here's to the Z06 and what it means to all of us!:cheers:

Steve Nix

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome aboard !

I'm sure any of our supporting vendors will help fill the vacancy in your garage :)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
2001 Chevrolet : Corvette Z06
2001 Z06, low reserve Item # 598682177
Item located in: Passenger Vehicles:Chevrolet:Corvette eBay Worth looking at. Baron( by the way...Welcome:) )

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2001 Z06 Red/Red

IMA Z06, Manatee, and Baron -

Thank you for your responses, I'll be in touch.

I checked e-bay today, Baron, but I'm off to double check your #598682177.

See ya.

Steve Nix

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Baron said:
2001 Chevrolet : Corvette Z06
2001 Z06, low reserve Item # 598682177
Item located in: Passenger Vehicles:Chevrolet:Corvette eBay Worth looking at. Baron( by the way...Welcome:) )
:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
"So, if any of you are aware of a GOOD BUY on a 2001 Z06, Red Exterior w/Red-Black Interior please e-mail me privately, because I am ready to drive! "end Quote.
Just doing the same as I would want somebody to do for me. He is looking for a TR, and I had just seen this on eBay. Not trying to kill a sale for you. Sorry if your offended.Don't take it personally.
:cheers:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Baron -

After I went to bed last night, I started thinking that if the price was really right ($35,000 in this case), I probably shouldn't worry about the 15K miles. :)

Thanks again for your referral!

Steve Nix

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Just a friendly reminder for our newer members. This forum is to help members both sell and put out 'wanteds' for cars and parts. We all want to help match buyers and sellers.

If you know a potential seller that is not a member, invite them to join the forum! If that's not possible, please send your non-member information to the member by email or private message.

To email a member, click on the orange 'profile' button above their post. Halfway down you'll see an option to either email or send them a private message. If you just want to send a private message, click on the orange 'PM' button above the post.

Thanks for making this a great site :)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum!!!!

Good luck in finding your Z06!

Great to have you aboard! :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome aboard Steve! You've reached the best set of Corvette Forums around! Good luck on your purchase!:cheers:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Forum Rules:
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
code is ON
Once again Rick,not trying to take away a sale. As a matter of fact, I did not see your earlier post with the ZO6 for sale. Other than the rules above, I was not aware of the rule(It is against Forum rules to POST a car for sale from anyone other than a member or supporting dealer). Is this stated any where? If it is, than I am sorry I missed it.Does this only relate to Corvettes for sale, or all cars? I have seen people( other than myself) give referrals to eBay for diecast cars, different parts,etc., so I did not think eBay was out of line. I guess we just need to know all the rules. My apology. Take care Baron

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Not a problem Baron. The Forum Dealers here because of their support of this site would like to have the first shot at the members business. We know that their is no way that we will get everyones business, but a shot at it is all we ask. Please except my apology if I seemed to come on to strong. As a matter of fact starting tonight I plan to annouce more aggressive pricing on 02 Z06s. Look for the post in "Cars For Sale".:)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Rick.Apology accepted :cheers:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Results of first post.

The first post on this tread was also my first post at this site, and although some mistakes were made, the true fellowship of the :z: members has prevailed.

I'm still learning how to navigate this site successfully, but have already found members so willing to take the extra step necessary to help you with your current project, that it is almost unbelieveable!

Although far from completed, the effort made to make buyers, sellers, and middlemen all pleased enough with the transaction made everyone feel - "Hey, this worked out for us all, let's do it again!"

How can I help you? Just let me know.

Steve Nix

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Steve,
Saw your post and wanted to welcome you. Fellow SAFE member here in south Florida. Hope to see you soon on the track in your ZO6.

Jo Ann

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Moroso?

Jo Ann -

Thank you, me too!

I'm sorry, I meet so many people, but a husband and wife team that I briefly spoke with at Moroso had a C-5 and also a C-4 Grand Sport. Was that you? And did you have the Grand Sport Wheels on the C-5?

There are so many guys at the event, you tend to remember the couples. If I'm wrong, try to refresh my memory.

Hope to pass you soon!

Steve Nix

1 - 20 of 22 Posts