Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are already thinking of having another get together in Feb or March for the Vette, Viper & F-bodies. Cool temps equal fast times. We are also thinking of having it back at the Bradington track due to less tech restrictions and friendly track personal.

Give us your input, DJ for better music, Tuner shootout?

Waiting a year is a little to long to test and play with the new mods you have made.

Thank You
Ernie
BreathlessPerformance.com

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Late Feb. or early March sounds good.
I'll put it in the calendar when the date is set.
My vote goes for Bradenton also.
Ernie I didn't mean to stir things up between you and Jake.
Shit happens, see you at Ecklers.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats ok Tom

Little input on the cost factor.

You have to remember the cost of the track rental, Insurance, Awards, Personal to run the event like tech, security and everything else. If we have up to 40 cars it would have to be 135.00 just to break even if we had more pre-registration cars lets say 80 it would be 65.00
It is very simple more racers reduces the cost. Also keep in mind more racers reduces track time so you need to draw a fine line.

Thank You
Ernie

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Breathless said:
Thats ok Tom

Little input on the cost factor.

You have to remember the cost of the track rental, Insurance, Awards, Personal to run the event like tech, security and everything else. If we have up to 40 cars it would have to be 135.00 just to break even if we had more pre-registration cars lets say 80 it would be 65.00
It is very simple more racers reduces the cost. Also keep in mind more racers reduces track time so you need to draw a fine line.

Thank You
Ernie
I would have been there myself as I told you but the Z06's clutch was sticking to the floor again and my head & cam car is not quite finished at the body shop.
You see if it was done there wouldn't be all this going on with you and Jake, the trophy would have been mine.:D

Tom

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Sounds like a good reason to leave the snow, ice and cold of Michigan!

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We thought in the light of all the things happening in the world that we would give the proceeds after paying the expenses to the National Children’s Cancer Society to help out. Having children of my own it hits hard thinking about kids being sick. I would like along with the Corvette community to put on a race for the kids event.
God Bless America and God Bless the Children

Any thoughts?

Thank You
Ernie

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Great idea Ernie!

Ernie, as a cancer survivor, husband and a father of 2 boys, I aplaud/support this effort. Our family will attend and I will participate. It's always nice to see you with your young son at your shop and events. FUBU/ Les :) btw you and I were both too busy at the Ecklers event to check out and discuss your new headers. If you don't mind I would like to stop by the shop to check them out and discuss a possible purchase/install as well as pic shoot for the site, Les :cool:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Les
Swing by when you like. I will be at the Corvette Expo in TN on Thursday through Sunday.

I will be tiring to get some of the kids battling with Cancer to come out to the event hoping just to make them smile.

Thank You
Ernie

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Ernie, I think this is a great idea and you have the full support of the site. Let us know what you need in the way of promotion, etc.....

JC

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I would come from VA if there was a weekend of road course school, etc.. or at least a time trial , autocross:D

Otherwise a far way to travel for just a dragstrip.

Think big like the f-body guys to.
Let's have a massive get together:cheers:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Breaking news.
On February 10th 2002 at Bradenton Raceway in Florida, Breathless Performance are hosting another Drag racing Extravaganza.

Also, in conjunction with them, we are having a Vette show. All year cars are invited and will be judged on a peoples choice basis. I would welcome the help of the guys that helped in the Race Rock event to make this another special day. The proceeds are going to a Childrens cancer charity. Please mark this in your diary's for next year.

Once again the event will be filmed for you future stars.

Please e-mail me with your comments or questions, or just to say"I'LL BE THERE"

THANKS

PEACH

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
That's Great news Ernie!!

Ernie, as JC stated, we at Z06Vette.COM fully supports this event! My family will be there as well as many of our local members for a weekend of fun and racing for a very worthy cause. :) Fubu/Les :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
vette viper f-body race day

As far as car's attending, I could arrange about 5 ls-1 f-bodys to head out to the track. When the time get's closer I'll post a more accurate number. As a member of an F-body club, I could post it on that websie as well to bring out other people as well if there arnt enough in attendance to keep the cost low.

Jeff

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The information flyers are in with the catagories and all. Please e-mail us with your address for the flyers.

The Race For the Kids is on....

Thank You
Ernie
954-925-7725

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Ernie, JC and I will be there! I will stop by your office to pick up some extras to pass out through my travels.;) Fubu/Les btw check your Breathless email for your invitation to my XMAS Party:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts