Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about routing a side exhaust out where the Z06 rear brake air ducts would be on a Z06. Can't have it come out any further up due to the floor board and ground clearance. Any downside to popping an exhaust out in front of the rear wheels, just an idea i'ld like to follow through with.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah - noise! The exhaust will be coming out right next to your ear. Also, depending on what type of exhaust and what you do with the car, you could run into excessive noise levels. Most tracks have a limit of 103 db. Depending on where the noise sensors around the track are located (left side or right side), you could run into excessive noise levels and won't be able to run.

The only other thing is ground clearance. I'm not sure how you plan to route the pipes, but if it's lower than the floor pan, you could bottom the car out and rip those nice pipes off. Good luck.

·
21,378 Posts
I think your pipes would have to make a greater than 90 degree bend in order to come out the side scoops. I'm not sure without getting underneath the car but I really think you're asking for trouble. :bang:

Look at this pic. Where would you run your 2-1/2" diameter pipes? Next to the gas tanks? Through the floor?

·
Registered
69 Posts
It sounds like a really cool idea :yeadog: .... only thing i can see as being a potential problem is getting exhaust all over the rear wheels and loosing the functionality of the rear break duct... other then that i dont really think it would be a problem

let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No way to do it with the stock fuel tanks in place. The pipes would need to turn under the car right where the rear of the fuel tanks (where the sender and pump is) are.

Some early World challenge cars had side exhausts, but they used a large fuel cell behind the rear suspension. Many current ones use stock tanks, and send the exhuast out through the tunnel and frame on the passenger side.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Now that is the definition of BAD ASS !

What Car !

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
tony3331 said:
[/IMG] you mean like this :jammin:
That looks SWEET!!!!
:jammin: :jammin: :jammin: