Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine let me use his sidewinder to see how well it work before going out and shelling out $600. The car put down roughly 366.3 rwhp with the sidewinder. I had the dyno tech put my stock dyno up on the screen which actually went up in hp today because of the better air. This will make a far better accurate measure on how well it did..I originally made like 352.9, but today it jump up to 354.7 because of the better air...So that comes out to about a 12hp gain..The car was running rich at top end with the sidewinder so that could have cost me some ponies..

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
NC

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At last, a REAL time stock, to intake post, with no other mod's.....this is the way to really tell WHAT a particular mod has/will do.........
Thanks...........much appreciated..........;)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Will have mine dyno'd Monday

·
Registered
50 Posts
What do you do to correct the richness up top? On earlier Vettes a Hypertech Power Programmer would do the trick. Are there plug in devices to correct the A/F ratio or does it take programming from another source? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think once the MAFT comes out for the 02', then we should be able to lean it out...Keeping my fingers crossed..

·
Registered
638 Posts
In have an MAFT on my 02 now and it does work for both cruise and WOT. I am dialing in now. Very easy. I have the Blackwing, 30# injectors and MAFT I am dialing in with the Ease scanner.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a Mass Air Flow Sensor Translator. Basically, it is a box that talks to your MAF and allows you to make changes to certain parameters at cruise and at WOT situations..

G

·
MAFT

Actually this mod may be very useful in dialing in the a/f ratio.

We have access to a variable trimming device as well, but it is cost prohibitive. It mounts inside the car, and can be changed on the fly. The low, mid, and high trims can be varied up to 25% plus or minus.

They run over $500, which makes the MAFT a better solution.

The other solution are the 30# injectors, which act as programming on the 02. They increase the fuel delivery in all 17 closed loop trims, bringing the long term trims back to nearly perfect. This provides the Open Loop WOT trim precise air fuel ratios (fuel enrichment) without adding additional snapshot fuel enrichment on top of the computer's factory ratio.

The stock injectors will work, but it's like running 80 mph in third gear. By installing the larger injectors, it is like shifting into 5th at 80 instead of third.

Jim Hall

G

·
LTFs

The LTFs for stock should be between 0 to + or - the average fuel trims developed that day for your car. i.e. :

The weather, baro and other parameters change the LTFs all the time since the PCM is a dynamic trimming unit.

The $500.00 solution is our ARC 2 Split Second Unit. This unit allows a full range of trimming for any mod, even supercharging and nitrous.

Jim

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks for the info Jim.

But if my LFT is running 0 stock, "everything else being equal", what would you think the average LFT would be with your sidewinder installed? 5% 10% 20% (lean) ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts