Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems so rare to see another Z on the road I thought it would be cool to post "sightings" to see how often members actually cross paths. (Be careful mentioning parked cars and or passengers in the vehicle), I,m talking about moving cars;)

If this is a bad idea, sorry. I've got nothing(or no one) to hide.
This sighting prompted this post:

1-30-02 Rancocas Rd Westampton Twp NJ. MY Z06. Tried to pull up to twice, but it raced away both times.

How often do you see another Z on the road, other than planned events or meetings?
FiveOJoe

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Monday morning I saw a MY heading down 295 S between Baltimore and Washington. Does my neghbor count? He has a QS and I see another T/R and a BLack Z06 often in the area.

Bad part is I don't see any of them on on this web site :-? I need to start carrying a sign I can hold up to help give them a clue.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Our Vette club has seven! On the weekends, I usually will see Steve Row's beautiful new EB and Ranger's TR.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Becoming quite common in So. CA. So far I have seen a 3 QS, 2 TR, 2 EB , 1 MY, and 1 Black one. Unfortunalety have been in my QS only once and the EB was flying the opposite direction.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The dealer I bought mine from sold three but I never see them. I still have never seen IMA's either. I hear it's a garge queen:lol: What, 500 miles on it.;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
MARZ06,

You may see another 02 Blk/ModRed in the LA/OC area this weekend. I'll be heading down to HB for the T1 installation.

All,

I haven't seen any in the Bay Area. Where are you guys?

john

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
When the winter weather cooperates, I see 1 or 2 a month in the SW Metro Denver area. Now that I've met a couple of forum bros, Cal and Rod, I suspect I'll be seeing more........... :cool: :cool: :cheers:

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
I saw a black '01 yesterday(rare occurrence in these parts)at a gas station. I wasn't in my Z06, but I stopped anyway to say hello and tell him about Z06Vette.com, but he said he doesn't ever get online :(

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
So far

Within a 5 mile area around MY home, I have seen 2-QS, 2-TR, 2-Blk/Blk( 0ne mine), 3- EB's, one Wes, One JN's, and one Jeff Spanier??......not on this site, but lives in Allen........w/me & Wes...........:D
Except for JN, Wes, & myself........none of the others are on this site..............:-?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Visually, how do you tell an 01 from an 02?

I know this is a set up, but I am serious.

Thanks

:-?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The only difference I know of is the side badge having the 405HP on it. Unless you have a wheel off and a good scale since the new wheels are a bit lighter :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: So far

ZO6LS6 said:
Within a 5 mile area around MY home, I have seen 2-QS, 2-TR, 2-Blk/Blk( 0ne mine), 3- EB's, one Wes, One JN's, and one Jeff Spanier??......not on this site, but lives in Allen........w/me & Wes...........:D
Except for JN, Wes, & myself........none of the others are on this site..............:-?
I'm here, I'm here!!!:lol:

I was with a bunch of EB Z06's from Bell Helicopter at the Speedworks Dyno Day two Saturday's ago. My wife's Z06 had the high HP # amongst the bone stock Z06's at 356.3! :eek:

Joe:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
ROSSO Z said:
Visually, how do you tell an 01 from an 02?

I know this is a set up, but I am serious.

Thanks

:-?
From the back (which is the only way an '01 will ever see an '02), there is very little difference, I'd say impossible (Kidding-just stroking you!). :lol: :lol:

Seriously, the only thing I know would be to be colse enough to see the different fender badge ('02 has the 405 HP added). ;)

Joe :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Joe

Glad you're here..................now skeeedadddle you're rear over to the Member locator , and put yourselves into the registry....................
It's over there------------------------------------------------------------------<<<<<---------------------------------
That way you will know who lives closest to ya'!!!!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: Joe

ZO6LS6 said:
Glad you're here..................now skeeedadddle you're rear over to the Member locator , and put yourselves into the registry....................
It's over there------------------------------------------------------------------<<<<<---------------------------------
Sheesh! I thought I had done that? :-? :-? :-?

Soon as I get this reply done, I'll do it-many Gomen's! :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: Joe

ZO6LS6 said:
I have used the locator before the Dyno Day!:bang: :bang:

I guess there is something I missed. :-?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts