Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this may seem stupid to some, but the Z06 is my everyday driver. The reality is, my wife and I like to take it on trips, but we find the trunk space insufficient. Are ther any (ouch) removable trunk racks available?

I know, it hurts me too. Just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Yea, get one of those plastic boxes they put on inivans! That should add some down force! :-D :-D :cheers:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
How about a trailer hitch and a small trailer like the motorcylce people do?
I never did like those luggage racks on a vette and putting one on a Z06 should be a felony!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You people are bruttal. Ok, so I guess I should nix the luggage rack idea. I really don't want to add a trailer hitch. So I guess I'm going to have to find a way to disassemble my mountain bike to a size that will fit in the trunk...yeah right.

Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Another solution if you cant leave the wife at home:eek: , just a buy another Z06...same color to match her eyes.:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
luggage rack found!!

I'm getting my rack (gold anodized of course) along with my laundau top (avocado color, sweet, huh!!) from racks 'n tops of Hooter, Alabama. I figure with some super glue and a 2 inch drill bit, the installation should only take 1 hour. Now if I can find some whitewall SC F1's, I'm rolling.

GC
Modesto, california

·
Registered
43 Posts
My rule is if it doesn't fit I don't need it. If I get to where ever I go and I do really need it, I buy it. Then When I leave I drop it off at the goodwill box, it's dirty anyhow, so why take it home, the bride will only want to wash it. If she want's to wash something it should be the Z06 because it's dirty anyhow.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great Idea. I could leave $3,500 mountain bikes around for everyone. So, shitty idea, I get it. I guess I'll buy me one o' them pickem' up trucks. Maybe a 1960's chevy. I hear they last real good and loong. Then, maybe I could put the 'ol bag in the back o' mu truck, 'n keep mu gear in the caaab....

:D

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I think the point they are trying to make is if you NEED a vehicle to carry a bike, then the Vette is not the right vehicle for the job.

:)

JC

·
Registered
43 Posts
great idea

The goodwill folks would love that! The interesting thing is mountain bikes don't work well in real mountains. They work well in flatlands and on lumps. I would truely love to see mountain bikes on a luggage rack on a Z06. Please post that!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Let me see if I've got this right. A roof rack with mountian bikes on it and a trailer with wifee, stageing at a christmas tree! That would be a picture! :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would rent a bike if it was a drive I wanted to take my vette on. There is LOADS of space in a Z06. Are you going for a month? Try an NSX. You have to have carnaval blood to take a trip.

·
Registered
670 Posts
fcalmes said:

Now why in the world would anyone want 2 Z06's??? :confused:

:lol:
You are a lucky man Frank! I have a sneaky suspicion that I will be driving by myself a lot when the Z comes in. My wife hates :flaming: speed and I was born with the love of it. (we may be driving it back from BG to CA, oh the pain!)

Here's to you and Sherylann :guiness:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts