Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm all registered to do the SSCC in Sept. I'm a little nervous, but I have to start somewhere...
Question is: Is anyone here familiar with the SSCC? What should I expect? And what kind of preparations should I make?
I have seats, harnesses, Helmets, roll bar, new tires, new rotors/pads/lines, etc.
Any advise welcome - Thanks!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I plan to enter as soon as I move back out west. I plan on having interior up to spec, as it sounds like you have. Roll bar, harness, fire extinguisher, racing seats. Maybe might even try one of those tire pressure sensor add on kits.

Leaving the interior, fresh fluids in every single department, trans, diff, engine, clutch, brake. I would also bring car to a top shop and ask them to basically tech inspect a car about to enter a high speed race. They can put on the lift and review.

Last, try to get there early and drive that road a couple times before race day. See if you can download a map. I haven't done a race like this yet, but if I hit a road course, I print a map of it, review, and also take the first few laps very easy the first time on. Safety first, speed second.

Please give us a report after you've finished.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts