Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW I had to touch up a small stone chip on the front of my car this fall. I could only find touch up WA9021 (silver metallic). This must be an older color, because it is just a shade too dark to match the quicksilver color.
Just got a new bottle in from Ken Fichtner and it looks like it will match (WA 519F)Galaxy Silver Metalic.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Dennis:

I believe Galaxy Silver Metallic is the same color as Quicksilver......I 've noticed GM uses the same color but with different names on their various product lines.

Zippy

·
Registered
0 Posts
This is something I heard just Friday while talking to a Corvette Engineer from Chevrolet Executive Offices. GM actually refers to Quicksilver as Keizer Silver. Kind of shocked me!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may explain why no one knew what color it was to begin with. Of course Ken knew the correct color. Don't know why I waste my time with the regular Chevy dealers, heck, the paint was even cheaper from Fichtner.

------------------
Quicksilver Z06

·
Registered
54 Posts
While we're on the subject, I asked Ken awhile back if there was touch up paint for the Z06 wheels (the real ones, not those aftermarket chrome things
) and I haven't heard anything back yet.

Anybody have any info on this?

------------------
jwight NCM #7711
2001 Z06, Millennium Yellow, fuzzy dice,radar detector
and Lloyd mats [B34,V49,DD0,AA8 & 79U]
Kettering, OH

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jwight:

Not yet.

------------------
Quicksilver Z06

G

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jwight:
While we're on the subject, I asked Ken awhile back if there was touch up paint for the Z06 wheels (the real ones, not those aftermarket chrome things
) and I haven't heard anything back yet.

Anybody have any info on this?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the Z06 wheels have a GM color called Light Grey Metallic. If you have an auto paint supply house close by, I think the universal or "WA" paint code is PB9789.

You might ask a paint shop that specializes in autobody supply to mix you a little PB9789 and test it for a match. I think automotive paint supply houses are going to insist on mixing nothing smaller than a pint.

You might compare cost effectiveness and availability of a touchup tube from a GM dealer of Light Grey Metallic.

Hope this helps.

1fastdog 2k FRC

------------------

[This message has been edited by 1fastdog (edited 01-26-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts