Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what wheels are you guys running and do you have pics??? ive been pondering on what wheels to get for about 2 weeks now. debating on a pair of chrome wheels stock style or motorsports, and an all black wheel without polished lip or rivets. where would i purchase all black wheels i kinda liked the idea of an all black c6 wheel in c5 sizes. any ideawhere to get black wheels seems like no one carries them. thanks please post pics

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have ssr from tirerack. Lighter than stock and I painted them a bronze color- left the polished rim. Pic link in signature below.

Really sets off the silver.

Good luck

Gordon in Oakland :yeadog:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I like stock...

Maybe I'm being the odd man out here, but why not just leave 'em stock?? I love the stock rims - style and color. IMO, gunmetal is the perfect color rim for silver cars. Even some black cars look mean with gunmetal wheels. Not only that, I love the stock style...mostly because it's unique. Also, I think black rims just match horribly, and chrome rims are too flashy. Of course I wouldn't mind a size upgrade - 18" front and 19" rear, but If we're just talking about style and color - I'd go with stock all the way.
Every single vette I've seen lately has either machine polished, or chrome rims. I just like to be different/unique, and ironically, I don't have to change the rims on the Z to be different...all I have to do is leave it stock because there are NO vettes with the rims! :D Also, the color of the rim really makes the red calipers stand out, and that's very cool.
Around here, almost all of the vettes are either C4's, or regular C5's, and most of them have stock rims (not Z06 style, of course). Other than that, there's only one or two Z06's floating around here - I've only seen them with chrome rims, totally different style than stock.
I really feel like that's why a lot of people stare at the car -because it's different than a regular vette - the rear brake vents stick out on a silver Z because they're black, and the gunmetal rims look aftermarket because they're not the typical vette style/color.
Great choice on the color Z!

Just my $0.02 :coo:

·
Registered
830 Posts
I run the stock rims. I, same as Z06rocket, feel the black would grow tiresome from a poor match and the chrome is too flashy. However, I would like to get a set of polished stockers, as I think it would be the nice compromise between stock and chrome. I've found better ways to spend the money, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts