Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Simple & Best way of making RWHP + Torque?

3K views 46 replies 16 participants last post by  robz 
#1 ·
I just got a 02 Z06 and i wanna do quick and simple things for more speed ...For better quarter mile time.

Also wanna know The best Turbo kit for the 02 Z06 and Best supercharger for the Z06....

What will give me better quarter mile time? turbo or supercharger?

#6 ·
yeppers! :jammin: awesome power for little input.bear in mind that the fact that it's cheap leads to a lot diy's which leads to a lot of horror stories cuz they're not installed or used/maintained properly,so if you decide on n2o as your power adder be prepared for a lot of ignorant comments like" nawz iz bad sh!t fer yer motor" from people that have a friend of a friend who blew something up. :cheers:

#7 ·
What about for street racing?

Something like....new exhaust? Maybe a diffrent intake etc.

Or change of pistons..........

How can i do a few simple things other than nitro? like new parts...I would like to add N20 but i cant use nitro all the time......I want my hp & torque to go up and stay the same when i mod my Z.

Cause in the near future i am hoping to do twin turbo.....or supercharge depending on which one would be the best....i hear turbos get you faster than a supercharger, but a supercharger plus a few simple things done to the supercharger makes it faster...

Gee i am such a noob :( Please help

#8 ·
um......depends how much you wanna spend. you can have your car faster than most can handle with a 150 shot and programming for less than 1500 bucks. For a turbo or supercharger system you'll spend a good 5K-15K and still make the same power, just all the time. The limit with the boost is the high compression of the Z06 engines. Now you can rebuild the engine with stronger internals and lower compression to handle more boost (or just stronger internals for more nitrous) but at that point you're stuck redoing most of the driveline to handle the added power as well. Thats why bang for teh buck you can't go wrong with a 100 shot untuned, a 150 shot tuned, and headers.....not much would run with you on the street.

heads/cam as a comparison would run about 10K all said and done

#10 ·
TT's hands down if you want "always on" power.

Budget $12-20K depending if you want to start with a forged motor and driveline.

Mark

#11 ·
whats the best twin turbo kit? Will it decrease car life and create problems?

is the kit just 12-20k? not including making the internals stronger?

Adding a TT....... other than changing to low compression pistons what else do i do so it can handle the power etc.?

I <3 you all....this is so awesome ....thnx for the help :)

#14 ·
We have a guy on this Forum with an LPE TT 346 who just broke into the high 8's at about 155 mph with a Z06. Runs over 1,000 HP :yeadog:

BUT, you gotta spend lots of bucks to get there....like beef up the tranny, rear axel, engine internals, etc. This was a purpose built race car..... :thumb:

#16 ·
will Nitrous get me to high 8's?

It wont will it :-\

+rebuilt engine
+Transmission
+Rear axel
+etc
:(
=another Z06

I kinda sorta have an idea of something that would make the Z06 faster than twin turbo....But i'm just 19 :-\....I really do believe this would work tho and the cost would be alot cheaper. Just no mula to make it. spent it all on the Z :) and i am glad i did. :)

#17 ·
It's street legal.....barely :)

Uses the 6 speed manual tranny:jammin:

Forced induction will take it's toll, but on a strong bottom end, it will do much better.

Depends on how often it's raced and at what boost pressure he's running. To get over 1,000 HP on a 346 ci engine you gotta be running very high boost.

Drag Racing at this level can become very expensive. Stuff breaks. That's why I quit and now do Auto-X and DE days, Silver State Classic and an ocassional street encounter, but only if it's really safe and not to ridiculous speeds. Screw up on the street and hurt someone and it off to the big house :eek2:

#19 ·
I REALLY do not think you want a 7,8 or even 9 second vette. That is crazy speed. My car is hard enough to drive on the street and it is basically a high 10 second car. I wouldnt have a vette any faster then 9 sec as a street car. It is very expensive and you can be pretty sure your gonna be replacing parts likes is goin out of style.

Have you ever owned a REALLY fast car before or is the Z06 your first?

#21 ·
This is the second car i've owned :-\......and fastest. Worked hard and got it.

Your very right. The cost is gonna probably drive me nuts. But i love speed :).

Are superchargers healthyer? If so which supercharger would do low 10's or high 9's? Is it possible to do 9's with a supercharger?

Would i get more power changing the exhaust? Which exhaust is the best sounding and more power?

#23 ·
02FiratZ06 said:
This is the second car i've owned :-\......and fastest. Worked hard and got it.

Your very right. The cost is gonna probably drive me nuts. But i love speed :).

Are superchargers healthyer? If so which supercharger would do low 10's or high 9's? Is it possible to do 9's with a supercharger?

Would i get more power changing the exhaust? Which exhaust is the best sounding and more power?
Come down to Manassas this weekend and talk about this with the guys and especially Ed Hatton our Master Mechanic.

#25 ·
The problem is not that a TT or a supercharger causes alot of problems. Its that when you are pushing that much power out of the car, stuff breaks. If you want a reliable 9 sec car you are going to have to spend alot of money not just on the engine but the rest of the car to handle the power. The LPE TT is probably the most reliable setup out there and it comes with a warrenty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.