Corvette Z06 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
At the different fests, we have eaten at several different positions around that pillar depending upon how they had the cars arranged at that particular time.

At some of those 'dinners', the large quantities of beer and MM consumed by some of the 'diners' may very well have weakened the ground under where we sat and perhaps contributed, in some small way, to the sinkhole that stands there now. :D

Tough deal for the NCM but they've got thick skins and will make a strong comeback from this I'm certain.

Mike

btw, if they would have continued to co-sponsor the Z06Fest, perhaps the Vette gods would have been kinder to them. :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
At the different fests, we have eaten at several different positions around that pillar depending upon how they had the cars arranged at that particular time.

At some of those 'dinners', the large quantities of beer and MM consumed by some of the 'diners' may very well have weakened the ground under where we sat and perhaps contributed, in some small way, to the sinkhole that stands there now. :D
Ain't that the truth! :lol:

·
21,403 Posts
Yes, a bunch of youtube videos made with a UAV.

Curious as to what will become of that section of the museum if they declare it unstable. Will they keep the dome (cone)? Seems like a probability since it's such an icon as seen from the Interstate.

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts
Yes, a bunch of youtube videos made with a UAV.

Curious as to what will become of that section of the museum if they declare it unstable. Will they keep the dome (cone)? Seems like a probability since it's such an icon as seen from the Interstate.
They said the perimeter of the dome is fine, so I don't think it is going anywhere.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just got an online survey from Autoweek magazine wanting to know what to do with all the Corvettes that were damaged. Over 45% of the respondents wanted all of them to be repaired. Oddly some people felt that none of the cars should be restored.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Sometimes when this happens it is a result of underground caverns, i'm a little concerned that the whole building could go.
zteve06
blk 02 z06

21 - 34 of 34 Posts