Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I open any posting on this site that has a response from Frank I get an error message and a delay in opening the message. Are others experiencing this problem? Before you ask, it is Netscape 4.73.

I'm fighting GM to buy a Z06, why must I fight the Z06vette.com as well?
jerboa

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
jerboa

Not really having any probs, IE5.5 but JC and Frank are busy behind the servers working on the new site. Could have some effect...........

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Jerboa, we've found your problem and though I don't officialy support Netscape, and since you're a nice guy we have a fix in progress....../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

On 2001-08-01 21:41, N4C5S spewed forth this drivel:
Jerboa, we've found your problem and though I don't officialy support Netscape, and since you're a nice guy we have a fix in progress....../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

JC,

Thanks, as I opened your response I got another error message, this time from anon. As Frank and a myriad of others on this forum can attest I am absolutely NOT a nice guy. I happen to be one of the very, very few members on this forum who are of the female pursuasion. Nice guy indeed!
jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

And since you're a nice guy we have a fix in progress....../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif How's this...JANET?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

On 2001-08-01 22:01, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
And since you're a nice guy we have a fix in progress....../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif How's this...JANET?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

Frank, Es mucho mejor. Muchas Gracias. Hate to point this out, but about 40% of the people in the USA use Netscape Navigator as their primary browser. More attention to their needs and a bit less bawdiness here might increase the number of subscribers on this site. JMNSHO In fact, I have a sure fire scheme to increase your subscribers by 10 fold. If you aren't above taking suggestions from a mere girl, contact me by email. Time is of the essence! jerboa

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
While I'd be interested in your opinon, I do have the luxury of access to stats on basically the entire Fortune 100....

Numbers for Netscape are dismal. 8-12%

This can be verified by CNET or any other major Internet news site...Try Internetstats.com.

My stats here are even more so IE biased. A full 1.2% Netscape.

Not to be argumentative, but I've been in this business for over a decade, actually building sites and designing (albiet mostly coding as I don't have a strong design flair) but I disagree with your point about forgetting users who won't/can't "upgrade" to IE. If we coddled users who run 256 color or 640x480 (which this site does not comply to) we would get nowhere.

Remember, we took time to help you. Play nice.

JC

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

On 2001-08-01 22:15, jerboa spewed forth this drivel:
Hate to point this out, but about 40% of the people in the USA use Netscape Navigator as their primary browser.
Very old numbers jerboa, latest I could find are 13.1%:

For information about a StatMarket subscription, visit http://www.statmarket.com or call 877.421.4234.

Global Usage Share on April 25, 2001

Microsoft 86.61%
Netscape 13.10%
Other 0.29%

As of 8/9/99 only a 25% share
http://www.idg.net/idgns/1999/08/09/NetscapeBrowserMarketShareDropsTo.shtml

Netscape 4.7x is extremely buggy and hard to support, time to upgrade 6.0 or better yet IE 5.5.

Pat

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Best, IE 6.0 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wait till you guys get WinXP....it ROCKS /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JC

·
Registered
670 Posts
Damn! Netscrape, er I mean... Netscape 4.x? As much as most people dislike Mr. Gates... he is a marketing genius and IE 5.5/6.0 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif ROCKS! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif I feel so helpless when working on machines with Netscape... it is a dying breed.

I highly suggest migrating to IE. Sorry...

·
Registered
906 Posts
...geeesh, I live/work (home orfice) RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from Billy G's office, yet I have resisted going over to the "dark side for 14 years!! Of course my OS is 8.6 on a G3... [good enough to use in my profession to enable me to get many toys...) and they'll have to pry the mouse out of my "cold dead hands!"!!!

HarleyB(Z)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Damn, I guess I'm not going to get ANY love here.

(Using Opera [statically compiled against QT] on progeny linux)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

On 2001-08-02 16:59, mgarfias spewed forth this drivel:
Damn, I guess I'm not going to get ANY love here.

(Using Opera [statically compiled against QT] on progeny linux)
Mgarf, You definitely walk to the beat of a different drummer. I love Opera!

My favorites are Tosca, Carmen, Aida, Il Trovatore, La Traviata, La Boeheme, The Marriage of Figaro, and Rigoletto.

jerboa.. putting you on about the Opera browser, but loving Grand Opera.

jerboa..oozing culture /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
266 Posts
Since AOL bought Netscape and Mark Andresson (Sp?) left, I don't hold much hope for future Netscape upgrades.

I think Billy G. is " The Man "

All Wintel here Harley..

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Did I mention that I also run AMD procs? Ok, so my motherboard crapped out the other day, so I'm on a lender P200 laptop until the new board shows up (probably monday).

No wintel here (at least when I can help it)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts