Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stats for the Halltech giveaway:

33 entries.
15 unique.

That means only 18 people contributed.

18 out of a thousand.

All I can say is that I'm very disappointed......All the work and $$$ we put into bringing the best site out there to everyone.....

:( :( :(

JC

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Maybe you should extend the date, just in case people haven't been on the web becasue of the terrorist activity.

How about putting a link to the giveaway in your message ?

Vince :z:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discouraging

JC... I am surprised by these low numbers as well. :(

Maybe the giveaway has been overlooked? :-?

C'mon folks... let's get excited! $10 to have a shot at a Halltech Sidewinder... we can do better than this. :puke:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
We have about 29 entries for a the give away of the plate and a $50 donation for the Z06vette.com brick fund...I figured it would be more, but, with recent events, maybe the 'trying to win' mood is down for now.

How about extending the dates as suggested?

RG

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
OK, I give, I must not be using the site optimally. I surf this thing a SH&*(T load but never saw a give away. Where was I suppose to look?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True RG, but there are over 400 pageviews on the giveaway site page (not the forum thread) *before* yesterday.....

We can extend it however.....

JC

·
Registered
309 Posts
NC4C5.....have you accounted for those members that already have a intake of some sort (such as myself-Halltech TRIC)? I would gladly make a contribution for the site in general if I knew how (espacially if you toss in a Z06Vette.Com banner ). :D

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
fcalmes said:

At the top of each forum, it says:

Important: Halltech Giveaway, c'mon guys!
Ahh, maybe I am unique ( or maybe not ), but I just click on the hot posts on the main page and drill down from there, never get to see that give away link.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
N4C5S said:
True RG, but there are over 400 pageviews on the giveaway site page (not the forum thread) *before* yesterday.....

We can extend it however.....

JC

Maybe guys on thias site don't know the fun of gambling, or they do and the wife restricts their participation in such things:lol:

As stated above, maybe guys do already have an intake.

Have you ever thought about doing memberships for money. Like a banner and a tshirt for a price that the profit from that could be taken and used for site necessities?

RG

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
C'mon youz guys !! I donated to the Halltech promo and I don't even have a freekin car to put it on yet. If you don't want it, you could always sell it to someone else and make a handsome profit. :(

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
JC....i *think* i could be one of the NON-unique entries. i put the order through pay-pal but never received a confirmation. i'll check later to make sure i didn't hit the cancel button instead??? i click through there pretty fast.

thanks again for all of your hard work!
-jason

edited: yep...doesn't look like i hit the right button this afternoon! but i'm in now!!

-jason

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Martin I wished I could. It may be said that I have a strong reason to want this site to survive and it would be true for sure. How ever if I may my .02 cents worth. I am a #s kind of guy and think that this is the easiest way for people to put this issue in context. From this site comes untold tech support saving many of you the cost of a tech man. for a Z06 at considerable savings. The savings you get on Mods alone is worth $10.00 Pictures of you getting your new Z at the NCM ready to print out. Not to mention the camaraderie and almost 1000 other people to talk to and listen to you about one of the most exciting things in your life.
With out this site who would you talk to, who would listen to you? Lets face it for those that have not been captivated by A Corvette for most of their lives, think you are a nut case for your obession with your Vette. Come on people this site is much more important to you as well than you may realize.
:-?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
actually i've mostly been on from work, and that is a dirty compromised network
really really really compromised

anyway, i refuse to transmit any credit card info across that net, encrypted or not

then when i got home i'd forget
i'll go take care of it now

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
C'mon folks, we constantly are praising the work of Frank and JC and all the PIT CREW. We all get incredible information here. We have all made many new friends (both virtual and actual).

All of this taken together is worth much more than $10. JC could simply decide that a membership fee is necessary and then you would not have such a rich resource available to you. JC and Jim Hall have gotten very creative, and exceedingly generous in making this offer.

Just as we are all banding together to help in any way we can with the horrible events of yesterday, we need to band together to help keep this site open and productive. In today's aura of national pride, we should all celebrate our enjoyment of the true AMERICAN sports car, such a major part of all our lives in this wonderful country.

JC, for those that are skiddish about using Credit Card numbers over the web could they possibly email you to get their name on the list and then forward a check for the funds??

Just a thought

·
Registered
670 Posts
I put in $10.00 the other day. Even if this site required a membership fee.... I would pay whatever it takes. This is my favorite site with tons of great people who provide tons of great info.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We appreciate all of your support......and just like anything times will get better........we hit a rocky road and things are beginning to smooth out for us......

Thanks again,

JC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts