Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to order a cags and was told that it works on 97-01 but not 02. Could this be right?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'm pretty positive that the 01 CAGS disabler works on an 02

·
Registered
52 Posts
bflyz,
I just installed one that I got from Ecklers and it works fine on my 2002. It is part number 33993 and it says it is good for 97-02 to include the Z06.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I remember reading a thread that had somebody with an 02 that an 01 disabler did not work on... others have used the 01 on an 02 and it did work.... I think it had to do with the connector on it. Try searching for "CAGS" and I think the subject sounded like "CAGS didn't work on my 02" or similar

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I didn't think any changes had been made. Called back to try to order again. got the same guy said he would have to check with his boss tomorrow....I'll probably just order from Ecklers.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
bflyz said:
Thanks, I didn't think any changes had been made. Called back to try to order again. got the same guy said he would have to check with his boss tomorrow....I'll probably just order from Ecklers.
I got mine from Nate @ Xtreme..... works perfectly on my '02.
You can order it by clicking on the Xtreme Motorsports link over there <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

·
Registered
483 Posts
I dont understand the need for cags i have an 96 gs and an 01 z06 and have never had a problem with the skip shift was it an option i didnt order??

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
xcorvettex said:
I dont understand the need for cags i have an 96 gs and an 01 z06 and have never had a problem with the skip shift was it an option i didnt order??
No, its not an option ... comes on all 6-speed C4 and C5s.

I don't have a problem with it eitgher because I never shift between 2000 and 2500 RPMs (quite a narrow window IMO). Its very easy to shift before or after this range and never get into the skip shift engaging :D.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agent Z06, I will call Nate tomorrow...I wasn't thinking. I will try to support Forum Vendors.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I have the same CAGS on my '02 as I had on my '02. I do understand that GM made a recent plug change..I understand that there is a new CAGS out in the aftermarket that fits the change...check it out to make sure... Fubu/Les

·
Registered
397 Posts
xcorvettex said:
Alan -- I disconnected CAGS on my (late) GS coupe but not on the wife's GS convertible. Her car still catches me on the 1-4 skip shift on occasion, especially when she is riding as co-pilot. :) Driving the Z06, on the other hand, I think the CAGS has caught me unawares only once or twice. It all depends on how you drive 'em.

Some people bitch about CAGS but I praise the engineers for their design. Not only did they come up with a solution to Big Brother's gas guzzler tax, they made it easy to defeat, as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts