Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the first set of what I believe to be the baddest ass wheels available for a C5. They are 16x8.25, hub-centric, and even retain the FACTORY LUG NUTS!!! Oh and by the way, only weigh 12lbs! My question to you all is this... How much grinding has to be done on the upper suspension arm to get 16s on a C5(Z06)? I know you have to trim I was just wondering the best way to do this... Anyone have pics of theirs?

I will post pics of the wheels and prices as soon as we finalize them.

Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
198 Posts
If they are the 17 X 9.5" Callaway Wheels... you might want to try 17.5 lbs! :eek:

And they do not clear the front calipers on the Z-06. However they do clear the rears... but they are not as light as people think.

Peace,

Dave

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Mine are not the Callaway Dymags

I bought mine directly from Dymag in England, with no powdercoating, deburred, stress relieved, lightened, polished and clear anodized. They are a different alloy than the Callaway's or the ones that you could get from Mid-America. A special Magnesium alloy that was used in F1 before the Carbon Fibre wheels came out. Special price too, $2,000/wheel! These babies are so special and light I have it in my will to bury them with me.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Anyone have info on which drag radial would work best on the 18 " Z wheels?

·
Registered
105 Posts
dbvettez061, As of now I still don't think that there are any 18" DRAG RADIALS out. I hear that that may be changing in the near future. 17" will do well for D.R.s or 16" with the proper offset or a little grinding the upper control knuckle.

Z062NV, It should not take but a little to make 16" fit-- depending on the wheel offset. Some may require more that others. Fit-um and grind, fit-um and grind. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Re: 18" drag radials

EvilZ06 said:
I emailed Nitto last week and was told that they will have an 18" drag radial available this fall. They didn't elaborate any further than that, so I don't know what sizes will be available.

I want these BAD!!! :eek: :D
So are you just going to run them around on the street?

If they're track only tires, I'd sure as hell stay away from an 18...even stay away from a 17....sidewall! sidewall! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts