Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I vacuumed out the Z, I noticed there where a couple of slits ~1 inch long in each front corner of the rear deck/cargo area (just behind the little hump behind the seats). I didn't want to poke and pry too much, but it felt like some sort of bracket or similar underneath the slit area.

Anyone know what this is all about :-?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'm not positive but I think it has something to do with using an infant seat.......... Of course that sounds really stupid considering what kind of car we're talking about

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
VettTheRipper -- I don't think the ones I'm talking about are for the infant seat. The infant seat clip is that one behind about 12~18 inches behind the passenger seat. That clip is discussed in the owner's manual, but nothing mentioned about the area I;m refering to.

Flip your driver's seat forward and stick you head back and look at the most forward corners in the rear deck area just behind both seats to see what I'm talking about. There should be a couple of slits (running left/right) at each corner, but there is no bracket sticking out of the carpet, but it feels like there is something underneath the carpet in these areas :-?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts