Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had noticed lately that my driver side head lamp in not openig as fast as the passenger side. I have not taken the car our that much lately and I am planning to get a new battery this weekend. An optimium red top. The car in 2 years old on March 23 and I figured it is time to change the battery. Nevertheless is this an indication of a weak battery of something else. I never noticed them beginning so different before. I also have cracked parkiing ligths again. They were replaced last year. I only have 4500 miles on the car. Any suggestion or a problem to live with. :coo: :bs:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Jcornetta, I don't think the battery would have anything to do with the left light coming up slower if the car is running. On your battery purchase, there have been a lot of members buying the Optima Red Top battery and have had problems with them not holding a charge, etc. Be sure to check the manufacturing date on the battery to insure it is fresh. You may want to do a search on this forum for the Optima Red Top; some interesting comments. FYI. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
wonder if it might be time for a new headlight motor? or if you are in the non-pop ups... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Who sells the C5R non poppup headlights. I checked out some of the forum members and didnt see any.

I hear those headlight motors are kinda expensive, how much are they.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
My lights occasionally stick/won't come up because the black plastic surround bulges out the side and catches on the hood. Check that on yours to see if it is sticking out just enough to rub and slow it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts