Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard, or put on, the SLP Loudmouth exhaust? How tunable is it??
Bob

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bob,
I did read something about an install. I don't remember if it was thisn site. Basically its the pipes coming out of the rear fascia. The only "muffler" are the cats. I have not read any in depth info.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I installed the SLP's on my car. Drove home(7 miles @70mph),called my girlfriend, and told her I would be late for our date,went back to the shop, and took it off. WAY TOO NOISY!( I just sold my 56 Chevy 502/with 2 chamber Flowmasters.......quiet as a mouse compared to the ZO6with the SLP's) Just one more thing. I bought the system from a guy who tried them on his 02 ZO6 and took them off "cause they were too loud".
Tried them with out the baffles first, and imediatley put the car back up and installed the baffles. They claim 8HP without,4 HP with. They did LOOK great!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BARON,
How's the exhaust WITH the baffles??? I should try to catch up with ya and hear them. Do you ever come to Cape Cod?? or Plymouth. MA (Corvette Mike's)??
Bob

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just installed the Loud Mouth two weeks ago. I wanted the space where the mufflers were to install an oil cooler for the xmission and the dif. The sound is rather loud but we don't care as the car is mostly on the track at this point. I can't say as to whether there is any hp gain, like to think there is.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I looked into this exhaust quite a bit. From what I understand it's the loudest there is. Big 4.5" tips out back are equally spaced to take up the whole opening. I decided on the B&B PRT's and I love em. They Look good & sound great.:)
And now there less expensive to.
Ed G.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you want louder but not Loudmouth loud, get a set of Corsa Indys and LT Headers. You get a good power increase as well as sound increase. :)

Going back to stock Ti's this weekend.

·
Registered
338 Posts
A member of our club just installed them. LOUD and he said the resonance at 1500 was about unbearable. His Mother stuffed cotton in her ears to ride in his car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts