Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been browsing these forums for a while, and have heard the Loudmouth's and I love the sound...

I have noticed that this exhaust has no mufflers... I thought it was illegal to run no mufflers? Would you still be able to get the car inspected? I am not worried so much for the cops being on my tale, but just being able to get it inspected...

Thanks In advance
Jason

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had a Borla on my 97 TA WS6 and in PA I had no problems w/ the private inspection shop. The guy told me as long as I did not touch the cats he had no issues.

In NJ, I went thru a state inspection shop and it sounded sweet inside the building on the dyno. I thought being a state agency they would be anal about the noise. The guy complimented me on the sound and I passed w/ flying colors.

A friend of mine has the chambered exhaust (by GMMG I think) on his 97 Z/28. I think that is louder than the Borla and he has no issues w/ PA inspection.

I suggest talking with your local inspection shop (private or state) and see what they say. Other than attracting attention to yourself I don't think you'll have a problem. They may consider the pipes "resonators" which in a way are mufflers just not as efficient for sound reduction.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Each state is different in this area, you need to check with local guys to know what is and is not legal.

Also keep in mind many towns are now passing noise laws - my town has one and I need to be careful driving through downtown not to attract attention.

Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I based my exhaust decision on GarretO's old Z06, which lives here in Texas... So... GARRETO!!! ARE YOU OUT THERE? I would like to know what troubles you have if any....

Thanks Pat and Backlash!
Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts