Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today---(I have had the car less than 48 hours)---that when running around 4K rpm's and having to come off the gas and gear down suddenly---the car will kinda backfire--but to a much lesser degree--just slowly pop, pop, pop----until the rpms get back down to 800.

I have never owned a car with an engine like this----is this normal? I know there are lots of noises, marble sounds and braking noises that are normal for a performance car like this but is this one?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Normal.....

I just installed Corsa Indys and its 5 times louder......Asked Eddie at Tony's Corvettes (27 years working on Vettes) said it won't hurt anything and is perfectly normal, if not sometimes annoying....but I kinda like it.....

JC

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it too---reminds me of my neighbor when I was 9---he had a Shelby--and it always made the same noise but louder---cool.

I just didn't know it was normal for a new car. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
N4C5S said:
Normal.....

I just installed Corsa Indys and its 5 times louder......Asked Eddie at Tony's Corvettes (27 years working on Vettes) said it won't hurt anything and is perfectly normal, if not sometimes annoying....but I kinda like it.....

JC
Called back pressure, ya oughta hear it on my Harley..........

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
jnation, owning both year models, much more popping during deceleration with the '02 than with the '01. Don't waste your $$ on an X pipe unless your changing rear system and even then the popping only decreases slightly. Been there , done that! :) FUBU69/LES

1 - 13 of 13 Posts