Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bad is the smell w/o cats? I didn't have cats on my Cobra, and it wasn't too bad. How does the Z06 smell w/o cats?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Well, I have to leave the garage door open for at least 10 minutes after I pull the car in, in order to let the fumes "air out." Other than that, I don't smell a thing. :sneaky:

Don

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
no clue on the Z but my truck will make you cry within a minute in a garage.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Let's say this.......... If you could run pump gas in my car you'd puke from the fumes but since I run a special blend of pump gas :sneaky: it smells like fruit so I don't mind getting high while I drive and it's 50 state legal just not the 50 states in the USA :rofl:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Antivenom 447 said:
Let's say this.......... If you could run pump gas in my card you'd puke from the fumes but since I run a special blend of pump gas :sneaky: it smells like fruit so I don't mind getting high while I drive and it's 50 state legal just not the 50 states in the USA :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I always smell like exhaust after driving the Vette. :mah:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Reminds me of my younger days of two-stroke dirt bikes and the smell of "bean" oil.

Steve

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's the smell of the 50's :coo:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
The smell will dissipate after a while then it won’t be as noticeable. When I first ran w/o cats after installing my FLP’s the smell lasted about 3 months after hard driving. Now it’s not that bad. Sometimes on a cold start up you will get a wiff but it will burn off once up to temperature.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I've got a H/C car with LGM long tubes, MM cats and a G5X-3 cam. With this cams overlap it puts out the raw unburned gas smell even with the cats. About a month ago I had it re-tuned and removed the cats. The smell is worse now without the cats.

As others have said you must air the garage out about 10 min after you pull in and the smell does tend to stick to you. I think the smell is about the cam size and the amount of overlap it has.

Bill

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
BajaZ06 said:
I've got a H/C car with LGM long tubes, MM cats and a G5X-3 cam. With this cams overlap it puts out the raw unburned gas smell even with the cats. About a month ago I had it re-tuned and removed the cats. The smell is worse now without the cats.

As others have said you must air the garage out about 10 min after you pull in and the smell does tend to stick to you. I think the smell is about the cam size and the amount of overlap it has.

Bill
Yep...I have the G5X3 w/ heads. Prior to the heads install, I was cam only w/ the cats (Kooks headers) and there was still an unburned gas smell. With the heads install, I had the cats removed and the unburned gas smell definately got stronger. Does wonders for your gas mileage :lol: , but the added zip is worth it for sure. :jammin:

Don

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
One more added benefit...you can make flames shoot out the exhaust if you have the car tuned rich. That's pretty hard to do with cats. :pp: :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Antivenom 447 said:
Let's say this.......... If you could run pump gas in my car you'd puke from the fumes but since I run a special blend of pump gas :sneaky: it smells like fruit so I don't mind getting high while I drive and it's 50 state legal just not the 50 states in the USA :rofl:

:lol: Nothing beats the fruity smell of race gas... :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
596 Posts
TheAngryTiTTy said:
:lol: Nothing beats the fruity smell of race gas... :yeadog: :yeadog:
I actually open the driver door at a stoplight to smell it or I stand at the rear of the car when I first start it up I love the smell so much. :screwy:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I don't see how you guys stand it...it makes my eyes water if I stand behind my car. :eyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts