Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my PCM tuning updated and it feels like another 20 horses :) Will get a Dyno in the next couple of weeks and post. Should be about 390 rwhp :D The "Pig Rich" problem above 4,000 rpm has been solved!! It pulls much harder above 4,000 rpm now.

In Kalifornia, the Smog Nazi's will soon be hooking up to your Computer to see if you've done any mods :( :mad: :puke:

My other tuner(not Steve Cole) has developed a little program that will tell the Nazi's "I'm Stock" when they probe your car.....Of course, this will spread to other states soon enough.....

I can't reveal his name publically, but if you really need to know, send me an email with your phone # and I'll call you!!

I hope I don't get too many emails.....whatever:guiness: If I do , I'll answer every one!! There is no other program out there currently to solve this "problem."

It's a real shame we have to take these sorts of measures. I've had my car checked for emissions and it virtually has none. Isn't that what it's all about?!

:cheers: from The People's Republic of Kalifornia:mad:

Barrie
P.S. I feel like calling Rush on this;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Did Steve Cole do your re-program?
Have a contact # or address for him or the one you used if different?

·
Registered
179 Posts
01ZEE06,

I am well aware of what you are talking about and have known for some time. He explained the same thing to me. We really should try to keep this to ourselves about how we're fooling the smog nazi's. You and I know the car actually runs better and cleaner. I would just really hate to loose this great resource to something as public as this forum. (you know like little carb ears). He has spent alot of time in the R & D Phase to provide us with this benefit and I personally have alot of respect for him. I would like to here more about your AFR results on this particular car when you dyno since they are not done in "real time". My thoughts were that I may still have to make the last fine tune myself with the translater to get it just right. I have read all the posts on how touchy the 02's are. He always comes very close. Close enough for most people. I mean .1 or .2 on the AFR. And I don't care what anybody says, it's worth every penny! I plan on addressing the pro's and con's of programming in another post. For now, I just know how giddy you must have been when you drove it for the first time, I always am! Calibrations are so important, as have been shown on this forum with the '02 issues. Mine will be getting done soon after my complete kit is finished being installed. He does all my kits and I can not begin to tell you how he has brought my kits, many kits, to life over the many years! I respect and appreciate you being confidential about his abilities. Good luck at the dynos!

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Hey Mike:

I wondered if we'd hear from you on this post? I'm sorry to learn that you still do not have your car back yet? Hang in there bro, we're all pullling for you!!!

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Come May '02, there are 8-9 counties in TX that will have the same OBD-II PCM scan ('96+ vehicles) done when getting your car tested.

This stinks, especially if the car runs clean.

I'm with you...its all about clean emissions, not how you actually get the car to pass.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr Z06,

Yup :) I know what you mean. You're exactly right. I was torn between keeping it a local secret and trying to inform our Brutha's and Sista's about this. So far, I've had 3 requests and will provide confidential replys....Mum's the word!!

Wes,

I guess it's already spreading all over The Country
:(

Mike,

What's your Attorney say? When do you expect to get your car back? We are all pulling for you, and I'm gonna be a lot more careful of how and where I drive fast.....;)

:cheers:
Barrie

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Hearing yesterday at the police department was a farce. Our attorney called the cop a "doofus" on the way out.

We've got a hearing tomorrow trying to get the cars released to us.

·
Registered
179 Posts
MGARFIAS,

Would you consider me "nosey" if I asked why they have your car/cars? I didn't hear the story. It's not to be nosey, I just like to keep upto date when local enforcement is upto something!

Thanx

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NO, IT'S NOT STEVE COLE!!!!!

I sent frycaptain a private email.....It's not Steve Cole I'm talking about, and for obvious reasons, I don't want to blast this over the Net ;)

If you need to know, just send me a private message and PLEASE don't go public on this to protect this tuner.

Thanks,
Barrie

PS Steve is back logged for months.....that's why I went to the tuner I'm talking about.....he's Steve's equal!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts