Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wiping up the water left underhood after my first wash and noticed that the paint on the left fuel rail cover has been smudged right across the word "Corvette" (black paint wiped across the red cover). It looks as if the dealer did this when cleaning up the engine bay before delivery. Has anyone else seen this? What might get the smudges off? How do the fuel rail covers come off (there doesn't appear to be any bolts etc., but I'm afraid to just yank on them)? Does anyone know how much new covers are?

Thanks in advance :-?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yeah, take it in for a replacement. No point in messing up trying to clean it off. When/why would they use black paint while prepping the car anyways?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll call my sales rep tomorrow and see what he says.

Andy, sorry that I wasn't clear. They didn't use black paint during the clean up. What it appears happened is that they wiped the covers across the black Corvette letters and it smudged the paint over the red plastic.

Mark

·
Registered
631 Posts
Let the dealer clean it up - it may come off with Goof Off.

If they delivered it like that don't try it yourself, cause if you make it worse they will blame you.

Who was the delivering dealer ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Zapper,

The dealer was Towne Chev in Oakville, ON.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
See if the dealer will replace them under warrenty?? Be very careful with what you use to clean them!! Any type of solvent will eat away at the plastic!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts