Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Z 90 days ago and the original owner had an extended GMPP warranty. He told me it was good until August. Like an idiot, I assumed August of '05 and as I found out today, its good until August of '06.

Am I ____ out of luck? I talked with the GMPP warranty provider on the phone and the guy said it wouldn't hurt to send it in and see what happens.

What makes this worse is the reason I was even re-reading over the warranty material was because I believe I am having issues with my fuel sending unit (gauge read 1/4 tank then suddenly dropped to empty -happened on my '99 vette as well). I was checking to see if something like that would have even been covered.

ANY ADVICE???? Am I screwed because I misread the piece of paper?

·
Registered
474 Posts
A contract is a contract.....sorry. As long as the car is still under warranty I think you can still purchase additional miles/terms though. I thought there was a fee to transfer the GMPP from one owner to another. You should check into that ASAP.

See post # 14 on the below thread for a dealership that numerous people have recommended buying a GMPP from:

http://www.zo6vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83507&highlight=GMPP

Do you have the years " '05 and '06" backwards in your statement above?

The sending unit may have a problem (see thread below) and it would not hurt to check especially if your warranty is still valid.

http://www.zo6vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81289&highlight=sending+unit

Good luck.

Pat

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry- when I bought it 3 months ago, I did not transfer the warranty over. I had the car inspected (all was fine) and originally decided not go through with what I thought was only a 3 month warranty. As it turns out, it is/was a 1 year and 3 month warranty. Just trying to see if there is any advice on anyways of still obtaining the warranty.

·
Registered
474 Posts
REDLYNER said:
Sorry- when I bought it 3 months ago, I did not transfer the warranty over. I had the car inspected (all was fine) and originally decided not go through with what I thought was only a 3 month warranty. As it turns out, it is/was a 1 year and 3 month warranty. Just trying to see if there is any advice on anyways of still obtaining the warranty.
Is there a statute of limitations of some sort on the GMPP (maybe 60 or 90 days since title transfer)? I think the fee is $50 to transfer it. I would suggest reading the GMPP packet or going to a local GM dealer to find out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You have 30 days to transfer. It is a simple one page form from any GM dealer. The last owner has to sign it. It is a $35 fee from what I remember. Since you are past the time limit try and send a letter along with the transfer from and see if they will aprove it or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts