Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to local CHEVY DEALER walk up to service dep. my friend says i need 2 quarts of rear diff fluid for a c5.. the guy says what. my friend repeats him self he still has a blank look then i repeat it to him slowly still blank look on his face and then he finally says :eyes: whats a c5 :eek: i almost lost my tits i had to walk outside..and start laughing and saying to myself these are the kind of guys that work on our cars..i was going to ask for 04 z shocks for a 01 z but i was not going there :bang:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
That is pretty sad, but you have to remember this guy is surrounded by Malibu's and Tahoe's all day. He doesn't have the same perspective as a Vette enthusiast. :z:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Isn't C5 a Plasitque explosive?

If you get detenation it could be. :lol:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I feel blessed in my area. The Parts Counter guys are pretty sharp. :z:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
That is too funny and it is even funnier that you said you nearly lost your tits :lol: , never heard that saying before!

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Isn't C5 a Plasitque explosive?
More commonly, called C4

Unless a dealer has a dedicated Corvette service writer, stay away.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL no i'm not a chick just astupid saying we have here with friends

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I know what a C5 is, how many quarts and what type of diff fluid it takes, the size allen wrench you'll need for the fill plug, the socket size for the drain plug and its torque spec... and I'd be happy to sell you some... :lol:

Had a similar experience with my Ford dealer a few months ago. I went to my Ford dealer parts and asked for a tranny filter and tranny fluid (takes a special Mercon SP fluid which AMSOIL doesn't make yet) for my relatively new F350. The parts guy hands me the filter that goes inside the tranny. Said I didn't want that one, I wanted the frame mounted filter in line with the cooler. He told me it didn't have one and called in the Service Manager. He too told me it didn't have one. Apparently, they had never changed one. I showed it to them, then showed them the owners manual requirement to change it every 30k miles. I left wondering if I was the first F350 to reach 30k miles... :lol:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
C5 Diff. fluid, Huh, SEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAA :lol:

Jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts