Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and they gave me a TPW of 9/3 .. so it hasn't changed in the past few weeks. My question is .. when you call customer service and get a TPW, does that mean anything, or do they just call the dealer and get their best guess, based on GM's best guess?

Customer service couldn't give me the event code, but this time I did get a case file # and the TPW. Last time I called, a couple of weeks ago, they said there was no TPW, even though the dealership had given me one (which later changed).

I'm getting crazy out here. I feel like I'm never going to get this stupid car. I've had an order in for months .. meanwhile I see other folks here and on CF getting their cars left and right. I'm starting to feel llike a moron. Not sure it's worth the aggravation.

I could use some moral support, guys. :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey, I'm in a worse situation than you are. My order isn't even in yet! I've had a deposit since April and was first on the list, but because I want yellow I'm now third and still waiting for my dealer to get another allocation of any color (I'm thinking to switch to another color). Interestingly the dealer told me in April that my order would be in by June and I could expect delivery in September. Yeah right!:x

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
It is all about YELLOW guys. Even with the huge allocation we have we have had a yellow on order for a month and cant get it. After getting about 35 or 40 02 Z06s only got 2 yellows.:(

·
Registered
221 Posts
Its an allocation issue. I just got off the phone with my sales guys....he went from 6 weeks ago from "yes, we probably can get you one in 6 weeks ...sometimes I get 3-6 Zcars in one week to I dont know ...it may take 90 days". IT BS!:eek: , but it was my fault for believing him and takeing the bigger discount rather than going for a sure thing with a larger volumed, but smaller discount dealer...Now that 6 weeks has gone by, i dont want to lose my deposit and change dealers at this point in time. Next time I will not put a large deposit down.

·
Registered
878 Posts
On Order for Yellow since 7/3... no TPW... Dealer said I was first, but has since delivered another, but not Yellow. Swears mine is next, but with Yellow on constraint, it could be a while. I've heard up to 8 months for yellow in some instances. This wait is a killer.
:-(

I got a great deal, so I'll have to stick it out, 'cuase I don't want to lose my deposit either. If anything, I'll have to learn to be more patient and it'll just be that much sweeter when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow .. thanks for the response, guys. Hearing this makes me feel a little better.. at least I'm not the only one having the problem. Seems like every day I'm reading someone's post about the new Z06 they just picked up, and it's making me crazy.

For me the irony is that I started out wanting a blue one (thinking yellow was unobtainable) and then lucked into an MY that was already allocated and ordered for stock, but uncommitted and with a 7/16 TPW. At that point I felt like the luckiest guy on the planet. But then, each time we approached the build date, the TPW would shift forward 2-3 weeks. It's been bumped 3 times so far, current at 9/3 (as of this morning). I've really been feeling jerked around over it. I'm definitely not good at this 'waiting' thing.

Anyway, I may get lucky week after next .. but I'm really expecting to get bumped again. For now, we members of the 'yellow club' will have to continue hanging out in the waiting room. Anyone for gin rummy?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Rick Daniel said:
It is a "not making yellow cars issue" we have the allocation and still cant get them. :flaming:
We did get our first 2002 M/Y Z06 in today. This car was ordered in early June. I guess not too bad for Yellow. (of course it was sold in June as well):sad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jerry,

I'm #1 on the yellow list at Chuck Hutton Chev. and cannot get past the 3000 stage. According to Karl, my TPW is 9/10 and has been for some time. My order has been in for several months and no action. I really believe the salesman are trying to do their jobs, but GM is not paying real attention to sold orders like salesman thought they would this year. It is certainly frustrating and for the first time in awhile, I've looked at yellow/black stripe vipers again on the internet. Hang in there, I'm trying.

Jody

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a followup ...

1fastdog posted that my event code has finally gone to 3300, with the TPW still at 9/3 ... I've got the feeling that it's really happening now.

I'm so excited I can barely sit still. I've got this pathological fear that tomorrow I'll wake up and it'll be back at 1100.

Maybe there's hope for those of us still sitting in the waiting room...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts