Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He tells me that ALL of the first run Z's are sold ---------------->GMEXECS GOT ALL OF THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!! :bmad: :mad: :bmad: :mad: He can't get a Z till Jan or Feb.

·
Registered
765 Posts
What your 'buddy' told you is certainly news to me. :screwy:

edit - ZO6's are allocated on sales volume of regular Corvettes. You might want to ask how many Vettes your guy has sold in the past year - if all he sold is 1, the next one probably won't be a ZO6.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
I don't know the algorithm used, but Dave Hill said at the NCM during the Z06 fest that they had gone to great pains to ensure equitable distribution of production to dealers. :-?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jdogg said:
What your 'buddy' told you is certainly news to me. :screwy:

edit - ZO6's are allocated on sales volume of regular Corvettes. You might want to ask how many Vettes your guy has sold in the past year - if all he sold is 1, the next one probably won't be a ZO6.
My "buddy" owns 6 dealerships and I'm gonna go with what he tells me. Also if more than half the corvettes you have sold over the past 5 years are Z's then you WILL get special treatment. Don't worry city boy when he is told he can get one I will post it and one of you yankees can come buy it for $5000.00 to even $35,000.00 over sticker like all those "other" dealers are doing. That's another thing these guys on Ebay that are saying you will get a car for $_______ over sticker. Well they are "shorting" the car and hope to cover it with paying another dealer a % of your over sticker money.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DennyM said:
I don't know the algorithm used, but Dave Hill said at the NCM during the Z06 fest that they had gone to great pains to ensure equitable distribution of production to dealers. :-?
Yeah at one point he said something about getting the exhaust rattle fixed also :D We need to trust EVERY word out of that studs mouth.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jay2002WS6 said:
A dealer telling a tall tale about supply??? New to me... :lol:

More of a friend than another car dealer.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
azzkiknZO6 said:
My "buddy" owns 6 dealerships and I'm gonna go with what he tells me. Also if more than half the corvettes you have sold over the past 5 years are Z's then you WILL get special treatment. Don't worry city boy when he is told he can get one I will post it and one of you yankees can come buy it for $5000.00 to even $35,000.00 over sticker like all those "other" dealers are doing. That's another thing these guys on Ebay that are saying you will get a car for $_______ over sticker. Well they are "shorting" the car and hope to cover it with paying another dealer a % of your over sticker money.
Over HALF the Vette's he sold were Z's? Pretty impressive! Oh BTW...do you have a problem with your northern brethren that are city dwellers?
azzkiknZO6 said:
Yeah at one point he said something about getting the exhaust rattle fixed also We need to trust EVERY word out of that studs mouth.
Or do you just have a problem with people in general?

Charlie

·
Registered
765 Posts
azzkiknZO6 said:
The 2006 ZO6 allocation is based on total Corvette sales from June 2004-June 2005. It does not consider prior ZO6 sales, as the ZO6 was not an available model in the 2005 M/Y.

Is it Russell? They sold 8 in the time period. Gwatney sold 8 too. Both of them have not sold enough to get one this first 6 month period. Ray has sold 30, so he'll have had some allocation here in the first 6 months, so that can't be your buddy. Bale has sold 24 so he'll have some too.

Let me know if I named your buddy with his six dealerships. I have a sneaky suspicion that I did. I'll bet that he sold 2 vettes last month too.

Just let your pal know that he's got bad information on the 'first-run' cars. He might be thinking that the Captured Test Fleet cars that are out there are owned by the people driving them.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
curvesman said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Why did they call him the lone ranger if he was always with tonto?
WOW...The Lone Ranger kicks azz! :lol:

Charlie

If memory serves me, he was called the Lone Ranger because he was a Texas Ranger and many (or all) of his Ranger brothers were killed during some gunfight. (Well...it was something like that!)

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Is that masked man really jdogg?

Charlie

·
Registered
197 Posts
LOL........right between the eyes...................

"GM execs got 'em all........." Why do friends lie to friends just to make themselves look good? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NYCHASM said:
Over HALF the Vette's he sold were Z's? Pretty impressive! Oh BTW...do you have a problem with your northern brethren that are city dwellers?
Or do you just have a problem with people in general?

Charlie
No I love going to NY it is a blast ! I was just there two weeks ago :D Maybe I should have put a ----> :) so you would know that.

Now about your ----> "Or do you just have a problem with people in general?" Why do you say that because I said something about Dave Hill ? Does he stand for "people in general" ? I'm now confused :-?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jdogg said:

Funny picture that looks like the gun my wife has :rofl:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts