Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 with 18k miles no warranty, and I'm noticing some oil consumption. Is this a recall? Will GM or the dealer pay to fix this? Or should I wish I had an extended warranty?

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
You are gong to wish you had an extended warranty, and wish you bought a car that was used hard.. ;)

All you have to do to get an '01 to burn oil is spend a lot of time above 3800rpm.. :)

Any '01 that is not a burner is/has been babied... :p hehe

·
Registered
6 Posts
How much oil are you using? I've found the "low oil level" alert sometimes comes on from hard driving with a lot of cornering. I'd also check behind the throttle plate to see if oil is getting sucked in from the PVC system. If so, the valley cover should be replaced. Inside my intake was completely coated with oil. So I replaced the cover, this made a huge difference with my oil consumption problem. Now I only use 1-2 quarts between oil changes (3,000 mi) with my high RPM cornering I do on the streets I find that acceptable.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
ZO6supra said:
I have an 01 with 18k miles no warranty, and I'm noticing some oil consumption. Is this a recall? Will GM or the dealer pay to fix this? Or should I wish I had an extended warranty?
Why don't you have talk with the GM factory Rep. Maybe as a Goodwill gesture they may fix it. Don't hold you breath. Stranger things have happened. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
ZO6supra said:
Good luck.

Alex ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts