Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about going Firestoe Wide Ovals as replacement for the rear tires...any opinions?

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
pauln64 said:
I'm thinking about going Firestoe Wide Ovals as replacement for the rear tires...any opinions?
My instructor at the Nashville DE last week has them on his Z06 and gives them 2 thumbs up. At $700 for a set of 4, they are a steal! I am going to order a set as soon as my front F1's are toast!

Jim

·
Banned
809 Posts
pauln64 said:
Give 'em a try. If you don't like them, you could always enter a burnout contest. ;)

Sal

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I have over 2500 miles on my new set, and I am very pleased.

Mark

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SteveGel said:
I have them and very please with them, since i live in florida...It has been raining for almost 3 weeks and the tracktion is very good.
that was going to be my next question..cool

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got my tires today. Replaced the rear witht he Firestones and put my old tires from my SS, Khumo's, for the front. I was wondering for those who have the wide ovals, do they kinda bluge out? The tires right now look like they are too small for the rims but it's the bludge is what is making it look that way. Tire size is same as oem

·
Registered
806 Posts
pauln64 said:
just got my tires today. Replaced the rear witht he Firestones and put my old tires from my SS, Khumo's, for the front. I was wondering for those who have the wide ovals, do they kinda bluge out? The tires right now look like they are too small for the rims but it's the bludge is what is making it look that way. Tire size is same as oem
Got any pics? I am interested in the Wide Ovals but would like to see them on a Z06 first. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
No, the Wide Ovals are a W rated tire (max speed of 168 mph). Since I don't plan on driving faster than 160 miles an hour I did not see any reason to pay more for the Z rating.

Mark

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think they are all W rated only...at least the ones I have are W's. I'll try to get some pics cause I looked that the pics on tirerack also and they don't have that bludge like I'm describing

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you can kinda see near the rim where the tires kinda flare out

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
The Firehawks look good. Same here, don't plan on anything over 160. I wonder if there would be an insurance issue if a tire let go and caused any loss to the vehicle? Wrong tire rating for the car, voids the insurance?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
first off, there's no reason why you should be going that fast anyway so insurance would be mute point. Also, if you are at the track, insurance companies exlude pre-arranged racing so you wouldn't be covered there either.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
KMeloney said:
Isn't that nothing more than a bead designed to give some protection to the rim?

-Kirk
that's what I figured what it was for

1 - 20 of 27 Posts