Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer might get another Z06 allocation soon, already has one on the way for one of my local friends. (Black A8, 1LZ). Can probably get it for well under MSRP,,,,,,this is very tempting, just don't know if I can part with the '03, but would have to in order to afford a new one. Maybe I'll just order a '16 and pass it on to one of you guys?

Jimbo

·
9,755 Posts
Go for it Jimbo!

You'd look good in a new Z06 Stingray.
You could show some of these youngsters how to really drive a hi-performance Z. :yeadog:

Mike
I second that emotion!
If I had the cash, it would be very hard to resist the new Z.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ed Bozarth #1 Park Meadow Chevy on the South side of Denver has a nice red Z06/Z07 for just $25,000 OVER the MSRP. Seems like a steal... as long as it isn't my money being spent.
Ryan J

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I loved my C5 Z06 until I got my C6 Z06 which I loved until I got my C7 Z06. You would be jumping a generation.

You would feel liked you died and went to heaven.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After much contemplation, I just can't justify the cost of a new one as much as I would like to have one. First of all, I have around 75K plus my labor in my present Z06. IF I were to find the right buyer I would be lucky to get 30k out of it. Secondly, it makes just about the same power as a new Z and is normally aspirated so there are no issues with heat soak and the like. It is at least 500 lbs lighter than the new Z06. Even with the stroker motor and nasty cam, it still gets 24+ mpg on trips and is extremely reliable. I still love driving it and get compliments all the time on its look and sound,,,,,,,so in closing, it's "cheaper to keep her", and she's still a fun ride! :yeadog:

Jimbo

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
After much contemplation, I just can't justify the cost of a new one as much as I would like to have one. First of all, I have around 75K plus my labor in my present Z06. IF I were to find the right buyer I would be lucky to get 30k out of it. Secondly, it makes just about the same power as a new Z and is normally aspirated so there are no issues with heat soak and the like. It is at least 500 lbs lighter than the new Z06. Even with the stroker motor and nasty cam, it still gets 24+ mpg on trips and is extremely reliable. I still love driving it and get compliments all the time on its look and sound,,,,,,,so in closing, it's "cheaper to keep her", and she's still a fun ride! :yeadog:

Jimbo
Your logic makes sense to me.

·
9,755 Posts
I can't argue with anything you said Jim. It would be very cool to have the latest technology but your car is badass!

·
21,287 Posts

Jimbo
I'm in your court Jim. I'm not Mr Money Bags so I'll just keep what I got!

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Hey Jim! I was in the same position just over a month ago.

Local dealership received a second allocation and they called me first. And like you said, "it's cheaper to keep 'er".

But, with that being said.....I too was apprehensive on selling my FRC to get into a new C6 Z06 and although I miss the fun times associated with my old FRC, it doesn't compared to the new C6 Z.

Imagine if you skipped the entire C6 Generation and went all in on a new C7 Z.

I am willing to bet you wouldn't miss the 03 Z for long.

The hardest part I had to part with my FRC was the same as you.....how much I put into the modifications. It is what it is my friend. And no matter how long you keep the 03, it's never going to appreciate.

Do what's best for you from a financial standpoint. But remember, we ain't getting any younger my friend and you deserve it.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jim, have you driven a C7Z yet?
Not yet Jake, My friend from here who is getting one hasn't gotten it yet, it's in transit and should show up here this week. I'm planning on getting a ride in it once he does the 500 mile break-in. (It wouldn't be any fun until after that)! In the meantime I'll just enjoy mine! :grin:

Jimbo

·
Registered
475 Posts
you need to drive one before you really decide.....I sometimes think that I would be better off with that money in an investment or something else, but you only live once.....I just retired (59) and felt that I didnt want to be looking back 5 or even 10 years from now wishing I had bought the car if I have health problems.....I may be on a street corner later in life....but if I am.....I will always look back with a smile!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I was driving home today, minding my own biz, when a red c7z caught up at a light. Have to say I got bite by the bug just being near it for a couple miles. Didn't think I wanted one, but now I'm dreaming of it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am in almost exactly the same boat. Tempted by a Daytona Orange vert Zee with a $100K+ sticker...

My C5 is similar to yours in amount invested, power, value, etc etc. I have 14K miles and I am the original owner.

I just cannot justify it.

But (and this is a big BUT), I do not drive my car anymore. Maybe 1,000 miles total in the past five years. If I were still driving her as often as I used to, this story may have ended differently....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts