Corvette Z06 Forum banner

So this Mustang's clutch blows up all over my car....

2K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  Lawboy 
#1 ·
While driving out to a local gathring spot Thursday night the '99 Cobra in front of me goes BOOM BITCH! and spits bellhousing and clutch parts all over the front clip of my car...some really nice chips and scrapes in the front.

I'll have to get the front clip reshot...and was considering some custom airbrushing...I'm thinking about a nice torch red front clip that looks like it's "ripping" into the quicksilver, so it looks like the silver is covering the red and being ripped off (not sure if I described it right)

What you guys think?

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow!!!! I am sorry to hear of this "explosion"! :eek: :eek: :mad: That really sucks........ :(

Anyway, the paint mod sounds cool!! I say go for it!! Clearly, you have a creative mind and a positive outlook when you can take a bad situation, and make such a positive suggestion as a 'touch-up'' to the car. :cheers: :cheers:

Best of luck on the airbrushing and fixes to the nose. Keep us informed on your progress. :cool:

JTBear

#5 ·
fcalmes said:
Now...where are those banner shots you promised us?? :lol:
*sigh*

#7 ·
IMA

As shitty as the situation was...we were joking about putting little Mustang silhouettes on the side under the Z06 emblem, I'd have two confirmed kills... :D :guiness:

#8 ·
Ok - so some other suggestions I've seen so far on other boards are:

1) No red...that would look "gay", evidently

2) The silver on the car ripping away from Carbon Fiber "Underneath" the silver paint....

I love the 2nd idea...I would be having the same guy that is doing Jeff Nation's (jnation) car do mine as well, he's really close to me, and the best thing I've seen in town.

#10 · (Edited)
I also like the second idea. I think you should do a little more in one or two other areas of the car so it doesn't look like your were "covering something up".(been there, done that) Ties it all together,and looks like it was planned that way. ( Maybe on the rear panel, or near the rear brake ducts?

#11 ·
I like that...some ripping in the front by the brake ducts...then some in the back by the rear ones...hmmm...i like that a lot, in fact. ;)

#13 ·
LOL! I was actually waiting for that...we were on our way out to a DFWStangs.net meet at a Sonic....I was sitting behind him at a light, about 5-6 of us sports cars sitting there all caravaning...

He hit it off the light and BOOM...I was going to get next to him to run, but didn't get the chance to...we barely got across the intersection... :(

#14 ·
So you were eh??

Okie Dokie............................

Question??...............

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HANGING WITH THE STANG CROWD??

IF, you had been with the Z crowd, all 4 of us.........then you wouldn't have a blown clutch from FOURMOCO all over your apron!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :p :p

#15 ·
LOL...

I'm 21, I pay for, drive (daily) a new Z06, perform every modification myself, in my own garage, with my own hands, race like hell, top-speed run/video with it, and the list goes on....You can imagine how I don't fit into the "Vette Crowd" :lol:
No offense meant, of course, I'm talking in stereotypes here...the woman is also an adamant 'Stang girl... :)

#16 ·
I'd also like to point out that I post on this site because of the amazing LACK of the "typical Vette owner" attitude that you seem to see everywhere else *cough* CF.com *cough*....this site rules...you may all be a bunch of old men with walkers...but you're pretty damn cool. :p :cheers: :guiness: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#17 ·
TAMUz06 said:
I'd also like to point out that I post on this site because of the amazing LACK of the "typical Vette owner" attitude that you seem to see everywhere else *cough* CF.com *cough*....this site rules...you may all be a bunch of old men with walkers...but you're pretty damn cool. :p :cheers: :guiness: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey. Keep it up and I'll beat you with my cane! :mad: ;) :lol:

#19 ·
*cuts canes in half with jigsaw hidden in jacket*

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!! :guiness:

#21 ·
Frank... Stand back. Save your energy. I have a Big Block wheel chair. Let me run his young buttocks over.... eh??? eh??? eh??? Whadija say?
I can't hear ya Frank!:sneaky: :crazy: :lol:

Dan

#22 ·
The parts falling off of this mustang are of the finest American quality:lol: :lol: :lol:

#24 ·
Nice old Dragster

Morning Frank.Love the Dragster.When did you run that? Iw would guess late sixties,early seventies?Today they all look alike(cookie-cutter cars). Im sure the "21 year old is sound asleep". He'll see this later. Imagine.21 and owning a ZO6. :eek: ( I would have never made it to 50. ;)

#25 ·
Baron,

I ran that Junior Fueler in the early 70's. I was 24, and had a pregnant wife, so something had to go.....I made a mistake and sold the dragster. :cry:

Tamu is a lucky dude indead to have a Z06 at his age. :cool: I was 26 when I bought my first Vette. I can't see myself driving anything else. :D

#26 ·
Frank

Tamu..........lucky to have a Z at 21.

Tamu read & heed youngin', like Baron, & Frank I had my share of quick rides......

But nothing like the Z, esp with the handling capablities...........

So............
If you want to get to be an OLD MAN like US, watch your six...............otherwise you won't need no steenken cane:eek:

Fatherly mode OFF:p :p :p :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.