Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So are all the preliminaries (dyno, and SOTP seat of the pants) pointing towards the advertized increase in HP? Does it appear to be what GM says?
How did that Cobra HP problem work, did some guys dyno their cars and they did not meet the numbers Ford had advertized so they sued? With all the differences I sometimes see here and other performance car forums (brand of dyno, weather, hood up / down, etc), Ford must have REALLY be way off!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Captain,

Check the performance data center located on the navigation bar over:

<-------------------- THERE

Several 02's have dyno'ed

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frank I know where the bars are!

Especially the ones that serve that cold stuff!:D
Anyway, not much over there YET! Mainly wanted to hear from guys that HAD 01's and switched over to an 02! Would like to hear if the 02 is as fast as some of the lightly modded 01's
Thanks!:cheers: :guiness:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
the concensus? Twenty more than the '01s. :cool:

you see low numbers and high numbers just like you see when you dyno the '01s but the '02s look like they are dynoing whatever the '01s were plus 17-20.

so...
to say the '01s were underrated? DEFNITELY.
to say the '02s didnt make any more than the '01s? definitely NOT.
to say the '02s are dynoing about 20 more than the '01s DEFINITELY.
to say the '02 claims are still underrated and it's more than 20hp? doesnt look like it.

don

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That about says it!

don527 said:
the concensus? Twenty more than the '01s. :cool:

you see low numbers and high numbers just like you see when you dyno the '01s but the '02s look like they are dynoing whatever the '01s were plus 17-20.

so...
to say the '01s were underrated? DEFNITELY.
to say the '02s didnt make any more than the '01s? definitely NOT.
to say the '02s are dynoing about 20 more than the '01s DEFINITELY.
to say the '02 claims are still underrated and it's more than 20hp? doesnt look like it.

don
THANKS DON !!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Difference???

I do not have my 02 yet, about 4 more days,I hope. I would hope that the members here that have had 01's and now 0'2s can actually compair the dyno # and come up with a solid platform to stand on. It is always nice to hear and see compairsons, most of all solid facts.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The '02s should be making about 345 rear wheel to live up to their 405 rating. Just looking a the dynojet info i have seen so far, the vast majority of '02s are making at least that. In my own case, with a Vortex rammer and bridge only on a very green engine, rear wheel came out to a little over 357. Between pull one and pull three alone, the car picked up 5.4 rear wheel as it was "learning".

Hopefully once Frank receives and scans my hardcopy dyno test, I will be able to post my results. Da power is there. :)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
My seat of the pants feeling is that their is definitely a hp increase on the '02. The exhaust sound is louder, the clutch pedal efort feels lighter, and the clutch engagement is smoother.

Zippy :z: :z:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts