Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day autoxing on a road course with speads near 80 mph. There were the following Z06s there:

1. My '01 QS (running stock F1 SCs)
2. Another '01 QS (running Hoisiers)
3. '01 Red (running stock F1 SCs)
4. '01 Black (running stock F1 SCs)
5. '02 Red (running Hoisiers)
6. '02 EB (running stock F1 SCs, I think).

Not bad for about a total of about 50 vettes. Susan and I both managed to have the street tire FTDs :guiness: An interesting note: the guy with the red '02 on Hoosiers was a real stud who came from Ohio all the way to MN for a 2 day autox. He's currently in the top 5 of the men's National point series of the NCCC. He has a red '01 Z06 also and has been autoxing for 25 years. He said so far, he hasn't noticed a difference in track performance between the two either in power or handling. He told me not to bother changing to '02 rear shocks.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Ron, I hope you spread the good word while you were amongst all those Z's :)

On another note, you do ALOT of racing........what would it take for you to wear the Z06Vette.com windshield decal while you race?

JC

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JC, well let's see, can you say: "FREE SHIRT"? Just kidding, if I had the decal, I'm sure I can put it to good use.:D

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Well then, I'll have to get working on that......

Free shirt eh, that would of course require some pictures :)

JC

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frank, thanks for the generous offer, but its way too generous. JC, put me down for a polo (xl) and let me know where to send the check. I may be able to make use of it at the Route 66 show being held in Oct in Joliet in conjunction with our NCCC Regional Championships.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts