Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week while having the wife's wheels changed, there was a guy in the store having Tire Sensors installed on his Jaguar. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif This might be a good solution for monitoring the tire pressure on the wife's Z so I don't have to worry about her getting stranded, like I did once!! :rolleyes:

I did some checking and found out he got them from www.tirerack.com.

Here is a link to the sensors. It's called Smart Tire. It is a PDF file so you will need Adobe Acrobat. (Acrobat is a free download.)

http://www.smartire.com/pdf/na/smartire_products.pdf

·
Registered
345 Posts
In Alabama we use the drub test. Any time the tires start going drub, drub, drub. We know we need to check them. Some don't do too well with this method, however.

My friend Bubba (don't laugh nice looking gal) said she was going down the highway and she heard drub, drub, drub. She got out, changed the tire, got back in, and she said the tires start going drub, drub, drub again. I asked if she had another flat? No, she said, "I changed the wrong tire."

You guessed it Bubba is a drugstore brunette.

'01, Z06, Millenium Yellow (reflective concepts front and rear "Corvette", electrochromics, BSMs, magnetic oil plug, cargo net, Lexol, and velcro'd accessories), Everyday driver (such a treat to drive Automobile's car of the year!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is there any way to use the standard C5 wheel/tire pressure sensors and hook up to DIC throrugh OBDII bus? If the sensors appreared on the bus, would our DIC register the readings?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Lew, welcome to the Forum!!!!! Frank you could go to tires with no air in them, you would have no flat tire issues then. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts