Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Me!!!!!!!
I finally got it. Went down to pick it up from Folsom Chevrolet last Friday. This car is awesome. I can't believe I actually own it!

Here it is waiting to be driven home from the dealer.

Here is my family and I at the dealer(I am the tall kid on the right). My folks and brother came down to see me drive away in it.

I am like, I can't believe this car belongs to me. (the salespeople couldn't believe it either, they were like, what the ????) Folsom Chevrolet has only had three Z06's all year, and this one was courtesy delivered so I got it for much less than they could have sold it for. (They weren't too happy about that)

First stop, my girlfriend's house. She thinks she is all sophisticated now that she gets to ride around in a vette. You may see here shortly, in a bikini on the Corvette Babes Website.

Here it is at home, next to my dad's GMC Sierra, only GM products at this household.

Here is a pic of my first of a bunch of mods, the RM Racing Twin Flow, it looks and sounds awesome! When my HRE's arrive I will be doing the rest of the mods that I have listed on my signature.

And that is about it.
I can't wait to continue modding it, driving it, and getting my fair share of looks and comments like, "Is that your dad's car?" Unfortunately, I have to finish up my degree at Cal Poly, I graduate June 16th. I can't trust anyone with it at school so I left it under a Stratmosphere cover in the garage, so I will have to come back home and drive it and mod it on occasional weekends until then.

Thanks to Tom Weaver at Weaver GMC in Grass Valley, CA for getting me a great deal.

Thanks to Bill North at Hatcher Chevrolet in Brownsville, TN for ordering it for me.

Thanks to Tom Conway at Folsom Chevrolet in Folsom, CA for courtesy delivering it.

Thanks to Richard and Matt at Exit 28 for the parts and wheels (soon to come).

Thanks to RM Racing, C5 Corvette Performance Center, Stratmosphere, A&A Engines, RK Sport, Tire Rack, and HRE for everything else.

And finally, thanks to Z06vette.com for letting me take up so much space and time.

I'm still shaking with excitement,
Brian Whitmore

·
Registered
345 Posts
Are you one of those paper route working savers? Enjoy!!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats, Brian!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Chickie in a bikini?? Will my old heart be able to handle it?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif I think so!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
391 Posts
You may only be 22 but it sounds like you
have an appreciation for the Corvette that we all do. Some have had to wait until retirement to get theirs for the first time. It's all about the appreciation and the respect. You are considered the next generation of Vette owners. Hope you have fun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats!
There are two of us young punks now!!! I bought mine at 22(I'm 23 now) on Christmas day as a grad/xmas/birthday present to myself. Didn't even have a job yet - just an offer letter!! It's been worth it man.. your rite though - the only thing that sucks is the vette guys in my club tell all the hot honeys I try to pick up that it's my dad's car. they're just jealous - don't hate! email me some picks and I will post them with my Z on my home page http://www.vettetop100.com/eric

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I was 23 when I got my first Vette, I miss those "company" car days. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Congrats and good luck

·
Registered
576 Posts
Congratulations Brian! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I was only 21 when I bought a one year old 72 vette coupe over 28 years ago. I still own that car as well as a QS Z added last October. If you try hard enough, you can have your car forever through thick and thin and wife and kids.

GOLD72

·
Registered
150 Posts
Man congrats, It looks like my car . mine is on the road somwhere. thay said buy the end of this month ill get it. I am 32 so i am almost a punk. Got my mods in a pile next to me. I'm dying over here.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Actually, there are three of us young punks now!!!(I'm 24. Do I see a pattern here?) Anyways, congrats on the car!!! You must be very excited! I can't wait to take delivery on mine. It should be here sometime in early june.(Speedway White w/modified red) Hope you have lots of fun with that car, and be careful. BTW, how far is Auburn from where I live? (Saratoga. It's in the Bay Area) Maybe we can hook-up after I get my Z. Take care now!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm probably the youngest (turned 21 in January), but its really nice to know that there are young vette even z06 owners out there. Most of the vette owners I talk to around here are older and don't seem to have a lot of respect for me and what I say because of my age.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well I guess I am not the minority here like I thought. I was 16 when I bought my first Corvette in 1992 it was a 1961 with 7801 original miles, needed to be restored though. Then when I was 19 I had a 1969 427 coupe. 20 years old well that was a polo green '94 LT-1, then a year later it was a yellow '94 LT-1 and finally 24 I have my favorite, a '98 coupe with 17,000 on it. I love these cars. No Z06 yet but I should have one by the end of the year and I will give my '98 to my wife. You guys have fun with them and keep 'em out of the wall.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats Dude! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm 24 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif , got mine in Sept.

Enjoy!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad to see all the other young owners out there fessing up. I hope to keep this car for quite some time, as it will be a weekend driver, low mile car throughout its existence.
Streetracer, I used to live in San Carlos, so I know right where Saratoga is on the peninsula, maybe some time I'm down there visiting family I'll check out the ride.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm 23 here /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Bought mine in Dec of 2000.. haven't graduated yet either (I will grad from NIU in august.) Lucky for me I live about an hour from campus, so I don't have any fears about keeping my car close to me /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm also glad to see some other younger guys on the board. Just like Guerro, I'm sick of getting disrespect from some of the older folks just because of my age.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congratulations, I have to say that anyone who can afford a Z at your age deserves respect, so go get em. Now if your dad bought you the car you can expect some ribbing. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
221 Posts
curious...how did you all pay for them...the guys who are young?
I am getting one in July if all goes well. I am 23. I work in the tech industry, ASIC design. What does everyone else do?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts