Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Z06 with 13,000 miles and have come to the point where i would like to add some more power and sound to the car. I am not sure what i would like to do but was thinking of somthing on these lines....headers, intake?...

What headers Kooks or LG and if have dyno results please post?

What intake to go with either the kooks or LG and if have dyno results please post.

Tune?

Any other recomendations would be helpful, Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would say LG headers and a Cam. If I were to do it all over again I would get a bigger cam than the 224/224/.581/.581 114 LSA.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Intake and exhaust will give you 20-30 HP and add some good sound. I haven't done the cam yet, but I want. Partly for the HP and partly because of the wallop sound they can add. Tuning will add some HP, not sure how much.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I did kook's with high flow cat's, Corsa indy cat's back and a blackwing with tune and dynoed rwhp 380 & 370 torque... Very nice strong sound... a cam can add 20 to 50 hp more...typical with 224/224 cam is 25 hp.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I usually start with improving the breathing of the car. Intake and exhaust. I got 32 RWHP out of a set of Stainless Works LT's, Bassani cat back, Magnaflow X-pipe and a black wing intake with a custom predator tune. There are more expensive setup's, and I am sure LG's headers give a few more ponies but cost and bang for the buck are what drove me at the time I did the work. Kind of hard to beat and better intake and a set of LT's with a catback system. Many good manufacturers to choose from, good luck.... :thumb:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
<----- Vortex rammer here wtih Kooks 1 3/4ths (with cats) LT's and Borla Stingers here. Fantastic sound and a nice kick in the pants. About 35 rwhp over stock. I'm at 371/374 rwhp/rwtq on my '01 w/o any tuning.

H/C are next when I get the extra funds to afford it breaking. I've learned not to mod it unless you can afford to pay for the mod over again when/if it fucks up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts