·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Very nice, Good looking car :coo:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you. i've been meaning to get some pictures under the fluorescent light. i've got a ton more pictures in my gallery. these were just my favorite.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nice pics.

Alex

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
hahaha.. I knew some people would have trouble with orientation. I have a few other pics but I used the one with the basketball hoop in the background to help out a little. That picture is from the ground looking up... the bottom of the picture faces the back of the car and top faces the nose. I had to remove the plastic piece directly under the intake to mount these. The solenoids are mounted under the metal piece right in front of the intake. I used 2 90 degree fan nozzles which aim directly at each other inside the K&N. 125 or .038 jets. The window switch is hidden in the passenger floor board mounted vertically on the left side. There's a perfect spot for it just behind the carpet. The WOT switch is mounted under the gas pedal. That took some work but came out perfect. Haven't shot her yet. Still need to run wires to the switches. For the panel, I built one custom to fit exactly where the ash tray was. I can get pictures if anyone wants them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sweet NO2 setup. Are you going to get in dyno tuned? What plugs are you running?

Can we get some pics of the switch panel. :)

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
That's a real nice setup. Very innovating! :thumb:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll get it dyno tuned eventually but I doubt I'll change plugs. I'll only spray at most 3-4 times a year and even then, it won't be for a quarter mile. Maybe just a quick shot in 2nd and 3rd. It's more less just to say I have nitrous on an LS6 and somewhere around 500 horsepower. The bottle hasn't been mounted yet because I'm still debating on that one. I'll have it behind the passenger seat and probably use the thicker black NOS brackets. Not the cheap ones that come with the kit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Teflon tape on a nitrous system is a big no-no. It can clog solenoids and orifices which can cause an engine damaging lean mixture. Always use teflon paste when working with nitrous.. not being critical, just helpful.. BTW... nice looking system.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
:yeadog: Very slick setup! :coo:

·
Registered
390 Posts
architect said:
I'll get it dyno tuned eventually but I doubt I'll change plugs. I'll only spray at most 3-4 times a year and even then, it won't be for a quarter mile. Maybe just a quick shot in 2nd and 3rd. It's more less just to say I have nitrous on an LS6 and somewhere around 500 horsepower. The bottle hasn't been mounted yet because I'm still debating on that one. I'll have it behind the passenger seat and probably use the thicker black NOS brackets. Not the cheap ones that come with the kit.
do yourself a favor & change those plugs.a melted plug can cause you a lotta grief!you might say you'll only spray 3-4 times a year, but i'm hear to tell ya-the juice is an addiction.btw-i don't think i've ever seen a more "stealthy" setup. :cheers:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know... I will probably wimp out and put the TR6s in there. I have a set but didn't have too much luck with them in the LS1. I know people will beg to differ but I had a better idle with stock plugs. Yes, they were all gapped correctly.
In my opinion, the Teflon paste is worthless. Tape is much more effective if it's used correctly. I wrap it in 1/4" strips clockwise and make sure it isn't anywhere near the edge. I also prefer the tape because you can adjust where you want the position of the solenoid by adding more.
I know I won't spray more than 3-4 times a year. I was surprised at how disciplined I was with it in the SS. I had it for over a year and used 1 bottle.
Thanks again for the compliments!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts