Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Damn, Paul.......that's quick (and fast).

I wonder.....does the video somewhat accuartely depict how loud your car is? or ISN'T for that matter? I expected it to be a little more aggressive. The spooling snails are badazz, but I guess it's the fact that it's only a little 346.:roll: :D

-Tony

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Turbos do tend to quiet things down a lot :yeadog:

Actually.....on larger dispacement....not really.

Turbos love to breathe. I have no small moter TT's to compare the sound of Paul's to, so I was surprised.

It's only a vid anyway. I'll wait till someone who was there chimes in.:D

-Tony

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great Vid's :coo:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Very Impressive...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!

The car is as quiet as it sounds in the video. I am the quietest car in the Pro 8 field and I don't even have real mufflers (I have cones inside the exhaust pipes). :eek: Right now the car sounds just a little louder than when I had 1 7/8 headers and Borla stingers. No b.s.! At highway speeds you really can't tell much difference between this and a loud cat-back. Car sounds louder at low rpm range than at high rpms.

The car IS really consistent. I ran two identical 9.153 passes back to back and two 9.17s. I could be bracket racing in the Corvette Challenge points AND the race in the Pro 8 heads-up. :rofl:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! :coo:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Those were Awesome video's :jammin: 9.15 :jawdrop:

Thanks for sharing, keep them coming :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Impressive! :jammin: Very Impressive! :thumb: Thanx for sharing. :z:

·
Registered
119 Posts
is it just me, or did the first car redlight?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Paul said:
Thanks guys!

The car is as quiet as it sounds in the video. I am the quietest car in the Pro 8 field and I don't even have real mufflers (I have cones inside the exhaust pipes). :eek: Right now the car sounds just a little louder than when I had 1 7/8 headers and Borla stingers. No b.s.! At highway speeds you really can't tell much difference between this and a loud cat-back. Car sounds louder at low rpm range than at high rpms.

The car IS really consistent. I ran two identical 9.153 passes back to back and two 9.17s. I could be bracket racing in the Corvette Challenge points AND the race in the Pro 8 heads-up. :rofl:

It does sound quieter as it revs, or is it because its getting away further where you cant hear it :rofl:

no seriously my cousing Supra does the same thing :yeadog:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts