Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Z06 and yesterday my passenger side window quit working. It was working when I drove the car the day before but when I got into it yesterday it would not work at all. You can hear something clicking in the door right near the switch when you hit the button but it does not work. I have replaced window motors in chevy cars before and they always died a slow death, not just all at once...Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be wrong? I don't want to spend a week taking all my aftermarket parts and nitrous off the car to take it to the dealership unless I ABSOLUTELY have too! :NoNo:

·
Registered
148 Posts
It happened to me last week on my 04. It was the window motor thingy . The dealership repaired it in one day at no cost. They also had to replace my ignition but it was not related to the window. They just don't make cars like they used to.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This happens alot on the passenger side, alot of times you can kick start it by either smacking the window with the palm of your hand or pushing down on the window as you activate it. If not it'll probably be the regulator or door control module.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I had this happen on my 01 awhile ago. Was having weird elec gremlins that would come and go. Finally dropped a new battery in, and the problems went away.

If your battery is old, try that.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Same thing has happened to me twice. Wont come down, and you hear a click. It started working just fine of its own accord. Dont sweat it, play with the thing a few minutes and it will be fine.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sorry to hear about your window. Good luck fixing it.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Common problem especially with the passenger window on the 02. When mine quit working it was sporatic but then quit for good, then my dealer put new controllers in both doors and haven't had any problem since.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same EXACT thing happened to my '03 about six months ago. I could hear a clicking sound, but the passenger side window just would not roll down. I tried slamming the door, slamming the door with the button held in, etc., but no luck. I called the dealer, took it in, and they had it fixed in an hour (under warranty). No problems since. I hate taking a car to the dealer, but I could not find a way to fix myself in this case. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts