Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys: Advice needed.

Had my gear ratio changed several months ago, and probably have only put 1500 miles on the car since. Today I was out for a cruise and noticed the car goes sideways a bit in the back every time I apply throttle. I was also hearing some clicking or clunking noises from the driver's side rear. So, I took the car home and with the car on the ground, I can grab the driver's side rear wheel and it moves in and out about 1/8" or more with a click or clunk each time. I am going to call the shop and get them to fix it since this is probably their issue, but just wondered what the experts think is wrong. Also, I am afraid to drive the car - even over to their shop.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
That sucks. Sorry, I don't have any advice. I do have a set of 2002 shop manuals if you want to take a look them though.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it is fixed. The upper control arm front bushing bolt had backed most of the way out. Guess somebody failed to torque it properly!
:flaming:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me know.

Today is a nice day. I'll PM my number

·
Registered
369 Posts
RalphP said:
Well, it is fixed. The upper control arm front bushing bolt had backed most of the way out. Guess somebody failed to torque it properly!
:flaming:
Who did the repair? I need to have this work done now & would like to avoid paying someone to learn how to fix it.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Glad you figured it out and got it fixed before it failed!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cobra4B said:
Glad you figured it out and got it fixed before it failed!
Thanks! I'm gonna invent self-tightening bolts and screws and get rich!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts