Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again!!!!............
Someone posted a way to take the RWHP, and estimate the ET...........
Using some formula.......based on some CUBE root thingamajig...........
Does anyone know how to do this exactly, and how accurate is this approach??.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Try these. Hp/wh cube root x 5.825=et wt/hp cube rootx234=mph Ric

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
N4, Ric

Thanks, but HOW to get the cube root is the part I do not understand..........
Math was NOT my strong suit
Ex:, HP/WT......( CUBE ROOT??).......HOW do I get the CUBE ROOT of HP & WT.........

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Re: N4, Ric

ZO6LS6 said:
Thanks, but HOW to get the cube root is the part I do not understand..........
Math was NOT my strong suit
Ex:, HP/WT......( CUBE ROOT??).......HOW do I get the CUBE ROOT of HP & WT.........
Math was and is not my strong point so I went and got a 14 dollar calc. Look for one that has the cube root key(looks like a v divide sine with a 3 in front usualy a 2nd function key. Then divide hp into the weight then hit the cube root key then x 5.825. Hope this helps. Ric

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JC

Thanks, but that link doesn't address the issue we / I was asking about........it assumes YOU already have the MPH #'s...........
As well as others........
But, i appreciate your trying, and thoughts......:D

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks

To a member who seems to want to remain anonymous on the issue.............
I appreciate the answer..........and I do wish you would post it for all..........

Thanks again............:)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Search Feature is a terrible thing to waste!

Typed in Cube Root, led me to the Intake Poll that I started a while back.
VORTECH posted this:

Okay-okay i do agree with you there, I was wrong there all alot of variables. I have seen some cars make like 650 rwhp on the dyno and run only 9.60's at the track-where my car made 680 at he crank and ran 9.0's. Yes there are many variables. What I do is use a simple horsepower weight formula to get mph and et. It goes something like this-to figure mph-405hp divided by 3350(vehicle weight with driver). Take that # and cube root it and then multiply by 234. this should equal 115.75 -that means that a ZO6 rated at 405 horsepower should run 115.75mph in the quarter. To figure ET take vehicle weight and divide by horspower then cube root that number and multiply by 5.825-which should equal 11.78. Now your only gonna run 11's if your sixty foot is in the 1.7-1.9 range. This is an ancient method but it works for me-there are no chassis dyno's where I live-maybe an hour away in Toronto but I don't feel like paying $150 -the track works fine for me.

Bubs, check out that Search Feature, it REALLY works:D

HTH:)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep

I saw this thread, only problem it did not gie the #'s, and the formula for finding the cube root.........so, it was of no use to me.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts