Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put a down payment on a new '01 Z06 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Fortunately for me, I was able to find one at a good price. Unfortunately for me, I had to go out of CA to get one.

I do have shipping lined up, but I don't know if the company will be able to pick up the car next week. Any suggestions for a good car transport company?

Also, I know I'm trading off some horsepower by not purchasing a new '02. What are the easiest mods to do to increase HP? Also, the '02 has a better rear suspension set up from what I've read. Any suggestions for improvement to my '01?

Anything else you could recommend?

Thanks, I can't wait....

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
To bad you couldn't just fly out and drive it back /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Just make sure the transportation company has insurance and deals with high end cars. Make sure they can get it on their truck without scraping the underside of the car. It's known to happen alot with the low Vettes.

I think the only change in the rear suspension was different shocks -- valved alittle softer than the 01 shocks.

With some intake and exhaust mods, you should be close to the 02 HP level /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Congrats on your new Z .. you'll love it /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've thought about driving it back, but that's over 2300 miles. Don't know if I want to put that many miles on the new car.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That is a long way, but alot of people do it. Don't worry about the miles because you'll be smiling all the way. Think of it as an adventure /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Good luck in what ever you do /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I would say try it for a while and see what you think. It is great out of the box.

I do like the FRC partition that you will see mentioned on the forum. It is expensive, but it does cut down on noise and gives you a nice deck to put things on in the car. In my opinion, it is the best mod I have seen for the FRC. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
itry2hide,

Welcome aboard whatever yo decide you will love your new Z........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts