Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Soon to be Z owner in Florida.

864 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  SIINSI 
#1 ·
Hi people :) I am currently looking hard to buy an 03 Black or Red. Red preferrably because I've had so many black cars and although I love them and think they look the best, I hate the swirls and upkeep.

Anyways, I just wanted to see what kinda crowd of people we have here in Florida. I live in Port St. Lucie but, do work all over Florida. I'm just wondering if you guys have get togethers, meets, track days, etc.

Now for the kicker... LOL I am coming to you guys from never owning an american car. I have always been invloved heavily in Hondas. I an no longer a kid and have come to realize that putting 40-50K into a Honda just doesn't seem practical to me. I own a rather large message board(I won't name names ..lol) that specializes in what is known as the "JDM Scene" Theses are parts, cars and items that are only available to cars in Japan and we ship them here to the states and slap em on our cars.

Anywho, I am very pleased to be here and hopefully I will get to meet alot of you. I'm also good at coordinating meets and events as over the years I have acquired quite a list of people to know :)

Thanks for having me.

Miguel

See less See more
#3 ·
I did the same thing in the beginning of the year. I searched the local dealershits, but primarily Autorader and all. I finally found what I was looking for over in Tampa. Made the trip over and now it's mine. :jammin:

Good luck in your search.

Craig

#4 ·
Welcome to your new home.

I am a recent transplant to Florida and will be here permanent in June.

I will be having a Garage Party in July. there are a ton of Vettes down here and between the Forums and Vette Clubs there is always something going on.

#6 ·
Hey Miguel,

I am over in Tampa, Riverview actually, moved down from Boston almost a year ago now. There is a big crowd of folks in the state, and more moving in all the time.

I am sure there will no lack of events. Think about making the trip up to Bowling Green for the Z06 Fest at the National Corvette Museum from July 21-23. There will be a pretty hefty caravan of folks from FLA going up, and its a great place to put faces to names.

Also I am planning on taking part in an HPDE at Moroso on April 30, put on by the Phil Wicks Driving Academy. I am working with Phil and his crew to put on an HPDE the day prior to the start of the Z06 Fest. We are planning on doing this event at Nashville SuperSpeedway. I am going down to Moroso to check out how Phil runs things and provide the members here with some feedback.

Also in Tampa, is AntiVenom's (Greg) shop with inground DynoJet. We will be having a couple of dyno days over the summer.

Keep your eyes on the Southeast event forum for upcoming events.

Welcome aboard.

Mark

#13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome :) I too am a transplant from NY. I am here 3 years now and absolutely love it. I look forward to meeting up with you guys and going to events, etc. Driving long distances is no problem for me, I average 300-400 miles a day in my work truck :)

Thanks again,
Miguel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.