Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took my '99 Coupe to the dealership on Friday (at their request) to see if we could work a deal on a new Z06. After 3 hours of back and forth, they were $1,000 away from the number I told them was my bottom line a week prior. I guess I don't understand the car business at all. They would not discount the Z06 (haven't found a Canadian dealer yet who will) and the number I wanted for my 4,000 mile '99 still left them at least $3,000 profit. Yet, they chose to let me walk over $1,000??? Also, they would get the '99 now and I wouldn't get the Z06 until at least Christmas - in effect an interest free loan to the dealer for 3 months!

Oh well, I am a man of principle, so I'll wait. Although I can certainly afford the $1,000, a dealer who is making $12,000 CDN profit on a new car and then wants more than $3,000 profit on the trade is a little greedy in my books.

The search continues...

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Mark,

Dont know much about canada dealers, But stick to your guns with tdy's economy anythings possible.............

:cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mark:

You did the right thing.... Be patient, and you will get the car of your dreams at a "Fair" price. I too, have walked out of dealerships when pricing new cars, and have let them know I will buy from other dealerships if they do not want to sell me a car at a"fair" price. You know what? One Vet salesman even called me back 2 weeks after telling me "I can't discount new Vets" to inform me he would discount a new Vet for me. I politely told him I bought a car from a competing dealer.

Good luck, and keep shopping...it is a buyer's market right now and the dealer's will come around.

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Z06 Discount

Mark,

As a dealer, I can tell you you need to stick it out. You will find a dealer who will dicount that car. Just be a little patient and you will save some $$$$.

Good luck!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mark, It ha s been my experience that when you are willing to "walk" they often call back to "talk". Hang with your principles, you will get what YOU want :D Good Luck:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts